Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #301 
kmylan

peas help their digestion. I feed them a pea once every couple of weeks. They normally share the pea.
kmylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #302 
mjoy79

i haven't fed any of my bettas peas at all and they digest their food fine. I used to fast 1 day a week but now i just fast 2-3 meals a week (usually dinner) and everyone is doing great!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #303 
Sena Hansler

there is controversy on the pea.... some say yes, some say no. I just say, be warned how much you feed as it doesn't really break down for them... I'd prefer the other method, frozen daphnia But, I just fast a day of the week, and never have had a problem.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #304 
kmylan

Interesting. I don't feed my fish on Sundays and sometimes not on Saturdays if I'm out of town. I've read in several places that the peas are good for Bettas and mine LOVE the pea. When they see it coming they jump -- more than for the shrimp, bloodworm, or flakes I feed them.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #305 
Sena Hansler

When we had the huge amount of mosquitos (our place only hatches dragonflies to rid us of these horrible pests...no pesticides!!!) I fed them to everyone xD They LUNGED out of the water and you can hear their jaws go: "snap!" O_O
Old 03-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #306 
kmylan

I've heard they love the mosquito larvae!! Wish I could treat my girls to some. Where I live the mosquito truck comes through a couple of times a night to spray pesticide all over. Yuck. Florence seems to be doing OK but she sure is fat right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #307 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
When we had the huge amount of mosquitos (our place only hatches dragonflies to rid us of these horrible pests...no pesticides!!!) I fed them to everyone xD They LUNGED out of the water and you can hear their jaws go: "snap!" O_O
LMAO How many girls are in your sorority, Sena?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #308 
Sena Hansler

Right now? 4... They are all under quarantine however due to a disease outbreak :/ almost under control, and I did have 2 more to add but the one gal didn't live through ich o_O so, I have 5, to make back into a sorority. And it is always the smallest one to steal the largest piece of anything and high tail it to gulp it down and swim around with a fat belly x.x
Old 03-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #309 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Right now? 4... They are all under quarantine however due to a disease outbreak :/ almost under control, and I did have 2 more to add but the one gal didn't live through ich o_O so, I have 5, to make back into a sorority. And it is always the smallest one to steal the largest piece of anything and high tail it to gulp it down and swim around with a fat belly x.x
I thought you had 8 girls. xD I don't think I could handle a sorority . . . a lot of fishy drama in one tank. lolz
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #310 
Sena Hansler

haha I was trying to get it to 8... my rescues Sarah and Suzi didn't make it despite an awesome amount of recovery. Ditsy didn't make it from ich (seriously?? something simple too...) so, just 5 there IS a lot of fishy drama xD not just one fish gets sick.... x.x