Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 8K replies 2K participants last post by  CalG 
#1 ·
I get the feeling that most of these photos will be bettas, but still...

Hannibal (among others) (RIP):

Frodo (also RIP):

See less See more
#3,503 ·
SacredSeaMonkey.

Harsh as it may sound, unless a fry can survive they die, that happens in the wild all the time, it is natural for the weaker of a species.

It does sound harsh, but my fry are fed well, water kept clean (which is the hard part) only the stronger and more determined fry survive.

I do NOT sell my fish, I keep every last one of them.

I breed them because they are a beautiful fish and I enjoy them, if I didn't I would not spend an hour collecting mosquito lava from the special containers I put out to attract mosquito.

#3,506 ·
You could be losing beautiful fish and not even know it..
Culling is normal, but should be selectively done, fry with physical deformities should be culled. Not some poor fry that ventured off your breeding may and got stuck under gravel.

#3,512 ·
Nice fish, and don't mind the ganging up bit, I have a habit of coming across a tad harsh, the words do not portray my feelings for any creature, but after 61 years of owning all kinds of animals, I have hardened a bit to the loss of them.

I have been breeding fish for a long time, not BETTA, but cross Oranda and gold fish for years, I gave away not sold their offspring, little dolphin faced gold fish with single tails, a few albino.

#3,510 ·
Amazing

Thanks, I'm glad you like him. I am so pleased with several of my recently grownout spawns. There are so many great looking male Halfmoons and improved color and finnage from past generations I feel like I'm really getting somewhere with my breeding programs. I can hardly wait to get this guy in a spawning tank.

#3,511 ·
Thanks, I'm glad you like him. I am so pleased with several of my recently grownout spawns. There are so many great looking male Halfmoons and improved color and finnage from past generations I feel like I'm really getting somewhere with my breeding programs. I can hardly wait to get this guy in a spawning tank.
He looks like one I'd snatch up. I'm so tempted to get a pair!! I have to agree that the finnage has really gotten better and the color is amazing!

#3,520 ·
White betta pika

Hi everybody.. I have just bought this betta last week. I named him Pika dragon (though I'm not sure whether it is dragon type or not) :-D
Thanks for viewing..

#3,521 ·
Yes. He is a beautiful platinum dragon male HMPK or PK depending on the spread of is caudal.

Very nice color and his face is really smug. (my favorite part of the bettas):)

#3,522 ·
Thanks.. Then it would be nice for me to name it Pika dragon because basically I love the dragon type. :) He is very active and healthy too.

#3,535 ·
Here are some new pictures of my boys! :-D

Fern the Orange Dragon HMPK, he is ridiculously hard to get pictures of as he is so shiny :shock: Fern loves the camera, it's too cute!

Dragonfly my Blue Halfmoon

Oki my Black Marble Super Delta, his photos always turn out amazing.