Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #21 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
He is determined to make this as difficult as possible isn't he? Hmm... wait and see if he picks them up when they're done spawning.
OK, I can relax for now.... He learned from the female and actually started picking up the eggs and putting them in the nest. I actually put the original female back in with him because she was so active and fiesty in the hospital tank. Something told me that she could handle it and wanted to at that! lol After I dropped her in they spawned in less than 10 minutes . I know he is gonna eat a lot of the eggs, because many of them were not fertilized properly due to the constant wrapping. However I am guessing I will get around 25-75 fry when it's all said and done. He has put the eggs into a specific area and is tending them well so far. I am so excited! Man this guy was full of it! lol
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #22 
MrVampire181

Maybe he'll cooperate next time around :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #23 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Maybe he'll cooperate next time around :)
I sure hope so because I just bought 4 new females and I need him to spawn with some of them.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #24 
tpocicat

Congratulations! Sometimes it just takes a little time for them to get the hang of it.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #25 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
Congratulations! Sometimes it just takes a little time for them to get the hang of it.
Yep! Super glad that he finally did too, he is sooo pretty lol.

The mom is still doing great too she is happy, no fins and all

I checked on the father today and he is still tending the nest, he was not scared by my presence and that's good because I have him in my fish room where my jarred males are. I was very worried that I would disturb him with my daily water changes but he actually could care less.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #26 
tpocicat

Whenever one of my females gets beaten up, I'm always suprised that they act as if nothing happened. She'll heal up in no time, if my experience is anything to go by.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #27 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
Whenever one of my females gets beaten up, I'm always suprised that they act as if nothing happened. She'll heal up in no time, if my experience is anything to go by.
I think so too, you know what made me put her back in? I kept thinking about plakats and how short the females fins are already. I have seen pictures of the females after spawning any many of them look like body's and no fins! I took a chance hoping that she was better off than I was imagining in my head and I sure enough she was fine and still is. Spawning betta's can really make you have to trust mother nature and your intuition sometimes.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #28 
gabrielle09

Can you please please please post pictures of the babies when they start to get their colour. The father was so beautiful I'm sure the babies will be gorgeous. Hopefully they won't share his temperment though. :)
gabrielle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #29 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle09 View Post
Can you please please please post pictures of the babies when they start to get their colour. The father was so beautiful I'm sure the babies will be gorgeous. Hopefully they won't share his temperment though. :)
I was hoping the same thing. Lol! I will keep the thread updated for sure. I have so many spawns going right now that I have been to busy to even post all of them.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #30 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
I was hoping the same thing. Lol! I will keep the thread updated for sure. I have so many spawns going right now that I have been to busy to even post all of them.
I'll be the same way in two weeks I have four pairs going in the tubs and more fish coming in.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote