Betta Fish Forum banner

My new beautiful Girl- Meet Winnipeg!

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Pucky21811 
#1 ·
Went to the store today to pick up a new fishie- (Stanley only lasted a day and a half)- and while I was overlooking the abysmal options with my boyfriend (the fish that were there have been there for several weeks) and new shipment was coming in and stocked! I "fished," through the carts of the people restocking, and came across a BEAUTIFUL spadetail (is that what she is?) female and I had to have her. My boyfriend agrees. Keeping to the hockey theme, we named her Winnipeg, Winnie for short, in celebration of the return of the Winnipeg Jets this year!

Here she is! (She's a shy and quick little girl, hopefully she will warm up to me and pictures. I really want to get a picture of her lipstick its beautiful! Here she is: (sorry a little blurry)

#5 ·
^^
The link you just posted links back to this thread. xD

Pretty girl! She looks like a cambodian.

#6 ·
So a female VT. Thank you!!! I love her so much here's some more pics lol:

Okay, sorry its pic heavy!

I know what I understood must be a common misconception, but I thought girls didn't flare! Boy, when I put a mirror in front of her to she what she'd do, though, I was proved wrong!!!!

#11 ·
Yes, she did flare up at herself in the mirror.. And when I put her next to my delta Zamboni... though I am not an expert on females and neither is Petsmart for that matter, I want to say she is a female, but I guess time will tell.

Thanks everyone for saying how cute she is! I love her so much. She comes off as such a sweetheart and then I put her near Zamboni today and she went crazy! Haha. Maybe an alpha? I don't know, we'll see. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.