Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #1 
GreenTea

I'm in love!

I got the two most amazing pairs from profish on aquabid, as well as a free female from Jennifer, my transhipper. She was generous enough to throw this girl in at no charge, and she is BEAUTIFUL violet color I've never seen. Deep blue with a slight pinkish-purple hue.

I'm in love with bettas all over again! Once I find my camera I'll be posting some photos and videos in the photos section.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Where you just fall in love all over due to a certain fish/fishes/ or circumstance?

One of the males in these pairs auctioned for 120 or more I think, profish was just generous enough to offer him to me at a fraction of the price. Between the generosity of him and Jennifer, it reminded me... betta people are awesome! I took a little break from the forum to deal with some personal issues/life in general, but I think I'll be more active again.

Here is Jennifers site in case anyone needs a reliable transhipper. She also sometimes has auctions on aquabid under the name Hopdiggity.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/J/e/JennViv/LuvMyBettaHome.htm
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #2 
ravenwinds

Yes,
I felt that way when my copper OHM pair arrived from Thailand. Of course, I fall in love every time that piebald blue butterfly delta/hm, Sapphire (the one I told you about on another thread...sold as a female), ever times he swims to the glass to say hello!
Maybe I fall in love easy...:)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #3 
ravenwinds

I've been meaning to ask you about your signature and amazing aquabid deals...
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #4 
GreenTea

PM me and we'll hash it out :) I have a couple sellers who I've purchased with several times and we have mutual trust and they always cut me a deal, so eventually I asked if I could extend it to friends of the forum and they said yes.

It's good to fall in love easy. I loved my first betta Brutus to death. He was so fat and happy. He had lots of health problems and was a jumper, nearly committing suicide a few times! So his life was cut short. I spent lots of time lurking here and asking lots of questions, and then set up a sorority.. divided tanks, and now breeding.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #5 
ravenwinds

[IMG]http:/ http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p613/ravenwinds13/Snapbucket/?action=view&current=D5761AF1.jpg[/IMG]

Ok...if I did this right, you should be looking at Sapphire. First time able to put up pics since I got photobucket account. I don't have internet right now so I do everything w/ my htc Droid, including ordering a butt load of plants for my NPTs and bettas from Thailand!
I'll PM you re: aquabid.
When I got Sapphire from petco, was labeled ft female and whole body was the color of face w/ a couple of dark greyish areas on body, but had an irridescent sheen of tanzanite lavender/blue. The betta was small but spunky and didn't look sick, so I brought him/her home! About a month later, my mom noticed that our dark blue "female" had really long anal fins that were tipped w/ about 1/4 inch of light sky blue. Then I noticed that egg spot was gone!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #6 
ravenwinds

Round 2 of Sapphire!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #7 
ravenwinds

[IMG][/IMG]

Once more!