Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #11 
Shirleythebetta

Dont base your experiences off of others. I have a small 10 gal sorority and I have loved it. It's a beautiful tank but you do need some more plants in there. Taller ones that break up the line of site. Your gonna do great and so are your girls. No bad thoughts.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #12 
MrsFeatherbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Dont base your experiences off of others. I have a small 10 gal sorority and I have loved it. It's a beautiful tank but you do need some more plants in there. Taller ones that break up the line of site. Your gonna do great and so are your girls. No bad thoughts.
Thanks for the pep talk. :)
MrsFeatherbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #13 
Shirleythebetta

HAHA I'm good at those. LoL. Here's my tank and it seems a little bare to me. Next water change I am adding more. It's all fake fabric plants and a huge bridge the ladies love. Eww I just noticed I need to dust my tank lid. I love my new camera for pointing out that I am a terrible housekeeper :)
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #14 
MrsFeatherbottom

Wow! Haha it doesn't look bare to me!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #15 
Shirleythebetta

It's part of my decorating disease. you'll catch it in your sorority too... :) It's a sorority illness, comes standard.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #16 
EmilyN

I agree with Shirley. As soon as I figured out that one of my girls was a boy and removed him from the sorority, I had no problems at all with my girls. I even added a new girl without the recommended rearranging, and the rest of the girls just acted as if she'd been there all along! So, even though some have bad experiences, others have really good experiences.

I also agree about the sorority decorating disease! I have it bad. Any time I go into a store, I think, "ok, what would be safe in a fish tank and look cute?"
I have martini glasses, a glass sculpture, small glass cups for caves (colored glass), river rock arches that I made myself, and the list goes on! So don't worry if its a little bare now, give it time! haha!
EmilyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #17 
kmylan

what's the show? I love Netflix.

I had to keep adding plants to my tank after I released my females. It's much better now and with five girls, much less fighting. Good luck MrsFB on your new sorority!!
kmylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #18 
bananafish

I *did* see that, MrsFeatherbottom. I just hope it's still awesome. It might have been best to leave it on a high note, y'know? I'm a little scared.

kmylan - it's Arrested Development. Very smart, fast, weird, and incredibly self-referential. It aired for three seasons on Fox. I don't know if the first/original three seasons are on Netflix or not.
bananafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #19 
MrsFeatherbottom

I know what you mean. I'm nervous to watch it. Also all 3 seasons are still on Netflix. I just checked.

I think I may have already caught the bug. I'm keeping myself under control right now. Does anyone use the floating logs? I'm sure they would like them, but I think they'd like plants better, eh?

Tags
20 gallon tank, cycling, neon tetras, sorority female community