Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #51 
lvandert

oh yeah when they're biters they're just biters... Spike is, luckily, not that big of a biter, unless you get in her personal space bubble. I'm the only one who can burst her bubble and can get away with it, usually
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #52 
betta lover1507

i have two cockatiels, one female one male, names are "Nero and Jewel" :) i only have one picture of them right now:

the male is the yellow face and the female is the mostly gray one, am still working with them to like me :P
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #53 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Most cockatiels are unfortunately... They only bond to one person/bird and once that bond is made everyone else kinda sucks in their heads. It took Spike about 6 months to allow Joey to pick her up when she crashes or not bite him when he tries to give her a kiss. But thats with him being around her every day
If you get cockatiels young they can be great with all people. The young cockatiel Dante who I found up in San Francisco is great with new people. After I tamed him(took about 3 days) I brought him with me to stores, petco, my friends house, and car rides. I let him meet new things and people everyday and he now lets anyone hold him and pet him. Older birds will be harder because they're already set in their ways, especially smaller species. Trick training and a healthy diet can help eliminate a nippy birds biting if done correctly.

and a random bird rant inserted here lol

I also don't baby my birds, many people think they're fragile and it makes the bird expect to be treated that way. This isn't to say I'm rough with them, I just don't act like they're going to break if I flip them upside down play games with them like you would with a dog. Another thing is I never force them to step up, many people press against their chest making them off balance and stepping up to catch themselves. People will also use the command step up, and if they don't they force them to step up to "re-train" them. Even small birds aren't stupid, they know if you want them to step up if they've been taught. If they don't want to they shouldn't be forced to, once a bird feels like they have a choice they mindset completely changes. Nippy birds will bite less because they don't have to resort to biting to tell you they don't want to do something.

End rant

Here's some photos of Dante. I gave him to a friend of mine who has a fully flighted female cockatiel and he is having a blast and also talks.

Dante doing recall training

Also I taught Rosie to wave

Last edited by copperarabian; 03-22-2012 at 04:35 PM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #54 
betta lover1507

beautiful photographs :o i love the first one and rosie. since mine are a little over a year old can you help me? i would prefer to be PMed :)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #55 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
beautiful photographs :o i love the first one and rosie. since mine are a little over a year old can you help me? i would prefer to be PMed :)
Yeah I can. I can also show you how to make super cheap toys too.

Here's what I do with Rosie's toys if anyone is interested in knowing. Rosie loves to bite/shred thick paper so I incorporate paper towel rolls, paper plates, as well as food in her toys to keep her interested,

Be careful of those those the ropes, expecially tyhe perch ropes. Some birds can get their toys stuck, and if they eat them it doesn't digest. Usually it's fine, just make sure to clip any loose threads.

Last edited by copperarabian; 03-22-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #56 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilten James View Post
Pet birds having remarkable beauty so we will be identify all best practice and always conscious about pet birds growth we will never ignore any perspective which will having remarkable growth in any stage.
What?
I is confused
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #57 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
What?
I is confused
I am too, I looked at their info and all their post are in a similar fashion, maybe they aren't very good at English.... I have no idea....
Old 03-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #58 
nicolaas

Hi every body

I have a cockatiel her name is Polly, she is very tame and loves it wen I play with her.

She is sitting with me right now!

The last one she was sleeping.
Attached Images

nicolaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #59 
copperarabian

awww a little cinnamon tiel, she's so cute.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #60 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I am too, I looked at their info and all their post are in a similar fashion, maybe they aren't very good at English.... I have no idea....
It's like a computer is posting responses based off what the title of the thread is.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote