Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #11 
Jessicatm137

Wow. That's all I can say.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #12 
Tamyu

I woke up this morning to find a nice little bubble nest, so I think the male has settled in nicely. He still paces around his tank and is a bit jumpy and cautious of me, but he is eating well.
The female is incredibly friendly. She comes and watches me if I am anywhere close and keeps hinting at me to feed her (looks at me, makes sure I am watching, then looks up at the edge of the tank, then back at me *hint hint*) She is also eating well, and is jumping out of the water to catch dangled bloodworms or eat pellets from my finger.
I installed a small sponge filter in her tank, and she seems to be fascinated by the bubbles from it - she will stop in front of the output for it and watch as a bubble grows... Then jump and back up when it pops.
She has an amazing amount of personality. I feel really bad for thinking that females were kind of boring.

I am going to do a partial water change today, so will try to get some photos when I have them out in cups. (Her tank is too wide and shallow to leave her in even for a partial change.)
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyu View Post
I woke up this morning to find a nice little bubble nest, so I think the male has settled in nicely. He still paces around his tank and is a bit jumpy and cautious of me, but he is eating well.
The female is incredibly friendly. She comes and watches me if I am anywhere close and keeps hinting at me to feed her (looks at me, makes sure I am watching, then looks up at the edge of the tank, then back at me *hint hint*) She is also eating well, and is jumping out of the water to catch dangled bloodworms or eat pellets from my finger.
I installed a small sponge filter in her tank, and she seems to be fascinated by the bubbles from it - she will stop in front of the output for it and watch as a bubble grows... Then jump and back up when it pops.
She has an amazing amount of personality. I feel really bad for thinking that females were kind of boring.

I am going to do a partial water change today, so will try to get some photos when I have them out in cups. (Her tank is too wide and shallow to leave her in even for a partial change.)
It sounds like they are really enjoying their new home as you are enjoying them being there.

I try to get ALL my new fish to jump for food and such!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #14 
Boikazi4o9

Beautiful pair! You'll have very interesting frys. Gl on the spawn.
Boikazi4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote