Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #81 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh, never mentioned it but she hasn't done it since I started the topic. We werent even going to the vet until Friday lol.
There were two bulldogs at pet smart. I think she thought their snorty breathing was growling, they were really overpowering too, that poor girl was getting dragged around by them lol.
When she bites it's playing, but it's really rough. Poor Zara gets so pushed around by her, bit, food taken right out of her mouth. Zara doesn't want to stand up for herself! :(
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #82 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Oh, never mentioned it but she hasn't done it since I started the topic. We werent even going to the vet until Friday lol.
There were two bulldogs at pet smart. I think she thought their snorty breathing was growling, they were really overpowering too, that poor girl was getting dragged around by them lol.
When she bites it's playing, but it's really rough. Poor Zara gets so pushed around by her, bit, food taken right out of her mouth. Zara doesn't want to stand up for herself! :(
I'd feed Zara in either another room or with both dogs on the opposite sides of the room. You really don't want to get inbetween 2 dogs fighting. However, I always get between them. My dogs are my babies and they need to learn to get along. Their both getting the same food, there is no reason to take one's food.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #83 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The thing is they don't fight, Zara just takes it.
Like if we are feeding treats, Mocha just shoves her snout in Zara's mouth and takes it, and Zara has no reaction. Mocha also steals all of Zara's toys :(
I do however feed them in separate areas.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #84 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
The thing is they don't fight, Zara just takes it.
Like if we are feeding treats, Mocha just shoves her snout in Zara's mouth and takes it, and Zara has no reaction. Mocha also steals all of Zara's toys :(
I do however feed them in separate areas.
Ah, alright. I just wanted to make sure your dominate pup isn't being aggressive with your "already established" pup.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #85 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, I don't think so yet.
Also, she isn't allowed on the couch, but she always runs up jumps on it and jumps off as soon as I say something! :(
Anyways she's being a psychopath again so it's time to go out to run around! haha!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #86 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Yea, I don't think so yet.
Also, she isn't allowed on the couch, but she always runs up jumps on it and jumps off as soon as I say something! :(
Anyways she's being a psychopath again so it's time to go out to run around! haha!
You could try putting tin foil on your couches
worked wonders on my pug. I used it to teach her the couches, chairs and beds aren't there for her own use and that she HAS TO be invited onto them. If she wants to be comfy she has her own bed and 2 blankets.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #87 
Hanky

Well at least the peeing stopped, thats a step forward. At least shes not being aggressive to Zara, but it would help if she would stick up for herself and teach the pup. make sure you talk to your vet about any issues with her they can give better advice than any of us here, good luck.
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #88 
FishyFishy89

Got a Petco near you?
I saw this on Petco's FB
Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #89 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Nope, not in my town..
Her leash skills have improved a ton, she only pulls if something scares her now. She's getting really attached to me, I'm surprised. I knew they were loyal, but she followed me to the bathroom and layed down beside me xD while the other dog leaves me when I'm sleeping in, she stays With me till I wake up :D
Old 03-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #90 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Nope, not in my town..
Her leash skills have improved a ton, she only pulls if something scares her now. She's getting really attached to me, I'm surprised. I knew they were loyal, but she followed me to the bathroom and layed down beside me xD while the other dog leaves me when I'm sleeping in, she stays With me till I wake up :D
Awh
Emma demma does the same thing.
She is nosey with everyone else while they are in the bathroom, but with me she lies down and rests her head on my foot.
I am glad she is improving with you. Remember to keep patience all the time ;)