Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #1 
bettalover06

Post My Betta Fish Louie V is in trouble?

I did a water change today on my 2.5G tank. I accidentally put them on the cold water. So i rushed cleaning the permanent tank and did 100% warm water change, added the water conditioner and put them right back. I notice that the my blue Betta seems to be adapting right away, but the red one seems troubled. He swim up and down, and throw bubbles. When he swims down its really fast, it seems like his hitting the bottom very hard. I could hear a "Tick" sound, also notice that he lying on his side if not face face down. He been like this since that incident. Right now that temp is 80, water heater is on and so is the filter. What do I do, I'm really worried that I stress him so bad and that his hurting right now , his also ignoring his food, while the other one seems to be starving. I will be changing my tank tomorrow to a 10G and hopefully they would be much happier.

1) Is it a good idea to have water bubbles??
2) Is underwater water filter a good one to have instead of a normal one??
3) Up for any ideas, and suggestion for my new tank

Your replies are much appreciated
bettalover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #2 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover06 View Post
I did a water change today on my 2.5G tank. I accidentally put them on the cold water. So i rushed cleaning the permanent tank and did 100% warm water change, added the water conditioner and put them right back. I notice that the my blue Betta seems to be adapting right away, but the red one seems troubled. He swim up and down, and throw bubbles. When he swims down its really fast, it seems like his hitting the bottom very hard. I could hear a "Tick" sound, also notice that he lying on his side if not face face down. He been like this since that incident. Right now that temp is 80, water heater is on and so is the filter. What do I do, I'm really worried that I stress him so bad and that his hurting right now , his also ignoring his food, while the other one seems to be starving. I will be changing my tank tomorrow to a 10G and hopefully they would be much happier.
I suspect it was the shock. If this happens again, I suggest reacclimatising them slowly to the hot water. I'm sure they'll love the ten gallon. :)

1) Is it a good idea to have water bubbles??
As in an airstone? They don't need it. Some bettas enjoy playing in the bubbles, others hate it. You can try it if you like. :)
2) Is underwater water filter a good one to have instead of a normal one??
By normal do you mean an Hang-On Back (HOB) filter? It doesn't really matter. It's what works best for you. Both have their pros and cons.
3) Up for any ideas, and suggestion for my new tank
I'm guessing you're dividing it. My suggestion would be to do as TheKoiMaiden does and make a middle section for the heater and filter. You can hide it with a strip of black duct tape. Looks pretty smart. :)
As to decorating, I always love live plants, so I'll always suggest those. :)

Your replies are much appreciated
Hope this helps, and that your little guy recovers from his experience!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote