Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #11 
Bombalurina

That's not him missing it. That's him being confused because the scary invader of his territory has suddenly and mysteriously vanished. He's hunting to make sure it isn't still around. The bubblenests are probably prompted by his "victory" - the area is now free of intruders, so he is the only male - bubblenest time. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #12 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
That's not him missing it. That's him being confused because the scary invader of his territory has suddenly and mysteriously vanished. He's hunting to make sure it isn't still around. The bubblenests are probably prompted by his "victory" - the area is now free of intruders, so he is the only male - bubblenest time. :)
That's hilarious! Fish are so interesting
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #13 
LugiaChan

Quote:
LOL!!!! That makes so much more sense, thanks! XD
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #14 
Bombalurina

Their pretty fins are why we fall in love with them - their cute behaviours are why we stay in love with them. ;)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #15 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Their pretty fins are why we fall in love with them - their cute behaviours are why we stay in love with them. ;)
I agree ! XD
Old 03-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #16 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Oh no.... I have my fish tank in my room, so last night he was doing fine. Then I turned the light off..... Turns out he was flaring at me O_O so I moved away towards my bed and he was still flaring at something. He was attacking something he was seeing for a good ten minutes and I kept trying to get his attention. It was not working o.O

I turned my room's light back on, and he stopped- looked around like he saw something and went to search for some invisible fish. He was fine again, I turned off my light and there he was again- flaring at the invisible darkness. XD I then put a cloth over his tank and he swam to the cloth openings on the side instead, and trying to flare from the openings.

...... My question is, can fish really see ghosts- logically? Is he stressed because of a ghost? He doesn't mind his tank light being off, either. But when my room is dark, he acts this way at night. -_-
Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #17 
MadameDesu

That's kind of weird because darkness should prevent any sorts of reflections.
Maybe he's just scared of the dark?
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #18 
Sheldon31

Is the tank light on when you turn your bedroom lights off?

When its dark outside of the tank but light on the inside of it, it makes it easier to see reflections in clear glass. Like when it's dark outside and you have the lights on inside, I can do my make up in my window when it's dark outside! Maybe he's seeing his own reflection and freaking out at it. Kyon does it, so I try not to have the lights off in my bedroom and the tank lights on at the same time for too long to prevent stress. I've been told by someone here, sorry forgot who, that flaring doesn't nessesarily cause too much stress but if concerned to put a backing on the back of the tank. I've done that now and his flaring has cut down quite a bit.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #19 
Sheldon31

Quote:
This is possibly the cutest quote ever!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #20 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
Is the tank light on when you turn your bedroom lights off?

When its dark outside of the tank but light on the inside of it, it makes it easier to see reflections in clear glass. Like when it's dark outside and you have the lights on inside, I can do my make up in my window when it's dark outside! Maybe he's seeing his own reflection and freaking out at it. Kyon does it, so I try not to have the lights off in my bedroom and the tank lights on at the same time for too long to prevent stress. I've been told by someone here, sorry forgot who, that flaring doesn't nessesarily cause too much stress but if concerned to put a backing on the back of the tank. I've done that now and his flaring has cut down quite a bit.

Oh, that makes much more logical sense now then. Would putting a backing really get rid of the lighting reflection that happens or not much? ^^ and thanks i'm turning his tank light off for nights.