Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #21 
djembekah

oh nice. i'm going to look at my other lps before long i'm sure. i only have two pet stores (i know of) near me. $4.88 is a better price. 6 bucks is even a good price imo.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #22 
Termato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
It looks more like a Pristella Tetra to me, just a stressed one. Serpea don't have markings like that young or old.
Thanks Jayy! ...no thank you button...:)
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #23 
Termato

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
oh nice. i'm going to look at my other lps before long i'm sure. i only have two pet stores (i know of) near me. $4.88 is a better price. 6 bucks is even a good price imo.
If I spend more than $5 on a fish I will stalk that fish at the pet store for a whole week lol
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #24 
Jayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termato View Post
Thanks Jayy! ...no thank you button...:)
You're very welcome!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #25 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
I might be able to rehome the 2 red tetras i have(silverish red color)

I see that they need to school but the first pet store said all species will school together so I bought a bunch. Then I got home and read up they need 4-6 each but some people say 3 of each will work? Its quite confusing. The pristella one seems to school with the rest of them and is eating like a mad man. The red cherry barbs and glo tetras are swimming about no problem as well.
Pet shops and their lies *shakes head*. At least 6 is recommended for a proper school. They won't die with less but they won't be nearly as happy (and stressed fish are more likely to get sick). They will school with others because they need that security, but their first choice will always be their own kind. In the wild they school because the larger your school is, the less chance you as an individual fish have of being eaten.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #26 
rckstr1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Pet shops and their lies *shakes head*. At least 6 is recommended for a proper school. They won't die with less but they won't be nearly as happy (and stressed fish are more likely to get sick). They will school with others because they need that security, but their first choice will always be their own kind. In the wild they school because the larger your school is, the less chance you as an individual fish have of being eaten.
Thanks for the info....Yea I will see what I can do...If I can get another 20 gallon high tank, I have a top that I could use and could set up another tank. Right Now I want my fish to be happy so I am hoping they will be fine. I really like that albino Priscella tetra as his personality is awesome, and the glo tetras are amazing as well. They haven't been nipping at one another which I guess is a good thing. If I get 2 more Priscella and 1 more glo tetra, would that be too much for this tank?
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #27 
rckstr1253

Thanks to everyone for their input and all!
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #28 
Bombalurina

It wouldn't be too much for your current tank, but it also wouldn't be enough for your tetras...if you could get that extra 20 gal that would be perfect. :) You could have two very attractive tetra tanks. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote