Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #11 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
So is he max size?
Weird question, but can you eat them? I love crab meat hahaha.

yep they actually taste very sweet..yep and thats his max size so you will need atleast 20-30 crabs to make a decent cook :D
bettaboyshiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #12 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Also because you're a breeder and if you had 15 gallons for each of your bettas that would be extremely difficult to have all your fry in each 15 gallon. I understand why you would have them in 1 gallon bowls.

@MO: That's really cool. Do you have a sorority of them or each male/female in a 15 gallon?

Your crab is amazing. Pretty color as well.
thanx bettalover..and yea glad u understand how much of space i'd need if i had to put each fish in a 15 gallon tank :/...
Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaboyshiva View Post
thanx bettalover..and yea glad u understand how much of space i'd need if i had to put each fish in a 15 gallon tank :/...
That would be pretty cool and really crazy. You might as well be rich. I guess it works best for owners that keep them as pets.

@MO: how many bettas do you have?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Reading your signature of all the crazy fish you have, shiva, I'm already curious as to how you fit all that in your house! Do you keep some outside, since it's warm enough where you live?
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #15 
bettaboyshiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Reading your signature of all the crazy fish you have, shiva, I'm already curious as to how you fit all that in your house! Do you keep some outside, since it's warm enough where you live?
my basement is 60ft by 50ft....pretty big and has 4 rooms the main room has all my bettas...and i have two 4ft tanks and a 6ft tank ... one of the 4ft has the smaller fish and the 6ft has my catfish and sharks, the other 4ft has my pacus...then i have a 3ft with my red devil and another 3ft with a red flower horn. then i have a divided 8ft by 4ft concrete pond outside..where i breed plants and well lots of guppies live in one..the other i have to put the pacu's when they get a lil bit bigger but im planning on selling them..then my betta room i have ten 2 gallon tanks and 12 one gallon tanks...as well as three 2 ft tanks to put my spawns..and i have about thirty 1 gallon water bottles with the top removed to jar male juvenile bettas.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #16 
Sena Hansler

I have my bettas in 1+ gallons. @ males in 20s (because they were empty.) and 2 in 10s, and females in 29. some in 1 gallons, because my desk has a computer, and I don't like divided tank xD I don't think tank size matters.... well, a little, as long as you have a 1+ gallon (breeders can use jars) and keep up with cleaning :3 cleaning is MORE important than a HUGE tank for one betta. (although if I won the lottery had a nice house one room would be the "large tanks with bettas" room) let's drop the "tank size controversy" in this thread that does not concern bettas nor tank size and love the crab :p

the last picture of the crab looks like "noooo no more pictures!!!" xD he's cute though. I like crab meat >.> but I couldn't cook live animals myself. or break their necks, or chop their heads off, or drown them.....or boil them alive.... I'm a "give it to me raw and dead or cooked, but not alive!" person =D often then not you find minnows, leaches, and shrimp here. I'm actually going to test out in an empty 20 (eventually) if minnows, shrimp and plants from a lake can survive tank live. but the tank has to be established and I have to have patience that day :) dare I find a goldfish >:(
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #17 
PhilipPhish

Beautiful! I love crabs! I really want to get one, but my moms against anything outside of fish, rabbits, dogs, and chickens.

Your a lucky lulu! I wish I could find pretty red crabs like yours!

My grandpa has crawdad's that like in the rivers, streams, and creeks by his ranch, but my tiger oscar ate the 3 we caught the other year.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #18 
Sena Hansler

lol oscars do that xD the store had a saucer sized guy. he scared my dog.

We never had any critters near edmonton. but at least here (although it is manmade) the lake has an assortment of interesting critters. what are the critters in the plants, I wonder? :/ creepy looking. xD
Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #19 
PhilipPhish

Oscars are poos! lol!

I could catch all kinds of stuff at my grandpa and my aunts horse. Snakes (water and land), frogs, lizards, salamanders, crawdad, minnows, and lots more!

I love love love your crab! I can't get enough of looking at him!
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #20 
Sena Hansler

I still like the last picture. xD