Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #1 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Squeee! New boy!! :D Colour?

So today, with nitrite finally at 0, I squeed. And I ran off to the mall.
There had been a cute little boy there that I saw on saturday, he was pretty sickish looking, but he was just so lovely. I was SURE he'd be sold by the time I could get him when my cycle finished (which ended up being today).

I swear when I saw him first he had ick on his face, but now it seems to be gone, and just his fins are all gunky. He's being treated with some AQ salt in a 2.5 gallon. He's already eaten. I've never had a betta not eat the first day, don't know many people's pain in that area of betta, haha.

Gilbert moved to the 5 gallon section of the tank.. Eventually he'll be in the 10 gallon part, and my new boy will be in the 5 gallon part. He went in the 5 gallon, and was just kind of like "is this the best you can do?..." So unappreciative -__-
It took me 2 and a half hours to do the 75% change on the 15 gallon. An hour of that was spent with a sifter, sifting the sand. BECAUSE MY GRAVEL VACUUM DOESNT PICK UP HORNWORT NEEDLES D: I NEED A NEW ONE, OR I WILL DIE CLEANING UP HORNWORT NEEDLES.

Gilbert in his new home, wishing he had more, when I just doubled his space. I know it's a crummy divider, I want to get a black mesh one so they won't be able to see each other when they both live there. It's not even secured, but nothing would happen if Gil got to the other side anyways xD

And now, REUBEN :) I have NO clue what colour he is! I want to say he will turn into a cambodian, but I feel that the black spot on his tail cancels that out :s I'm pretty sure his fins will redden for sure, I can see a line where his fins are cellophanish near the body, then turn that pale red. He is also a very see through fish, haha.

Look at this cup!!

Scared, you can see his black tail spot, and his reddish fins:

I felt so sick all week wondering if he'd be here. Not good considering I had 2 tests, tuesday and today. But I pulled through, just for him :D This is him enjoying the comfort of heated water. The pet store lady said he's been sitting for a really long time, I guess everyone wants red/blue betta, and his pale little bum is UGLY in some peoples view D:

Sooo, colour ideas? :D
There is some dark patches on his body.. what if he's gonna marble? :D
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #2 
puppyrjjkm

Very pretty! I'm not good at color though. What kind of divider is that though?
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #3 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

It's a fish specific divider.. It comes in huge pieces..
I think it was used for breeding discus or intro-ing new discus into a school, it's so the fish can see each other, this is just a leftover piece I got for free :D
Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #4 
blueridge

Hmm...he almost looks like an orange dalmatian to me. Very pretty tank btw or at least from what I can see!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #5 
MaisyDawgThirteen

^^
I agree. I think he may turn into an orange dal. :D
Very beautiful!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #6 
PhilipPhish

Handsome fish you've got there!

I do agree as well on the orange dalmatian. They've been popping up in my LFS along with cambos and butterflys.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #7 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

But i thought dals had red spots, his are black. Plus his one side is starting to get blackish.. He's a mystery
Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #8 
RedneckBettaGuru

all bettas are a mystery, you never know how they might turn out for colours exactly. Thats part of the fun!
RedneckBettaGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #9 
blueridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
But i thought dals had red spots, his are black. Plus his one side is starting to get blackish.. He's a mystery
I don't think that they have to necessarily be red. I have seen one with red and blue spots before. As far as him turning black you should see if he just darkens in color and takes on a brownish body with green iridescent.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #10 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'll have to wait and see I guess.
He's a funny little guy, not shy of me at all, already swims right up to me as soon as he sees me.
I think all that gunk was dirt stuck on his fins, not ick. It's almost all gone today. Either way he'll be in the salt till maybe next Saturday.