Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #91 
MrVampire181

IME it takes them a few days but they'll eventually get curious and take a bite. You don't have to worry too much in a big tank like that with those water changes.

My fry seem to adjust very well to Atison Starter.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #92 
Pewmew

:) thanks so much MrVampire, I have some attison's food I"ll crush and try them tomorrow! My 3 guppy babies in there are getting really fat, they eat much faster than my other betta babies, maybe it's time to take them out. anywho, time to study
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #93 
styggian

I've started sprinkling decaps when I feed micros to try to get them to associate the two. I have seen some adventurous fry eat some of the decaps, just waiting for the rest to catch up!
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #94 
Pewmew

ooo good idea with the decap, time to go ebay shopping :))))
Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #95 
MrVampire181

Yup I mix it in with their other foods. So I'll have three different foods in the tub at once. I have raised a spawn on Atison Starter and Pro alone but I wouldn't recommend it since I was constantly changing water.

Good luck!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #96 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
thanks so much for the encouragement bettalover :) yea I watch them a lot, that may be why I don't see the changes... They look cram bc they are all in a corner where I dropped food :) The picture only showed about 1/8th of the tank bc they are all bunched up there, the other 7/8th of the tanks are empty bc there's no food lol... I think I'll do more water changes at the weekend now, been doing 20 gallon changes every day, I think the 40gallon is filled up to 30gallon now ~_~ I am growing muscles
That makes more sense now. I almost forgot that you have hem in a 40 gallon.

Wow that last part really got me to laugh! I swear I think we get stronger when we do water changes. We have to start training our pets to do them for us!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #97 
Pewmew

er.... I saw one of my betta baby FLARING (I saw the little transparent flap) today at another and trying to fight him, actually they were both fighting, I had to turn on the sponge filter quickly to distract them.. I saw some aggression yesterday too O.o but they are still only 0.5-0.6 inches, am I suppose to already seperate them when they are only 3 weeks and 3 days old? O.o... gahh should I just seperate the ones that are aggressive? but they still so small !
Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #98 
bettalover2033

If I were you I wouldn't separate them so young. Just add in some more live bunch plate that can help others to hide and such. Ive never heard of fry this small flaring already. Wow lateness fish have some kind of bionic gene in them lol.

They sound like they're going to be a handfull when it does come time to separate them. The earliest I've ever separated fry was 2.5 months old and they are usually an inch or so by then.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #99 
Pewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
If I were you I wouldn't separate them so young. Just add in some more live bunch plate that can help others to hide and such. Ive never heard of fry this small flaring already. Wow lateness fish have some kind of bionic gene in them lol.

They sound like they're going to be a handfull when it does come time to separate them. The earliest I've ever separated fry was 2.5 months old and they are usually an inch or so by then.
I know! it's so werid bc they are so young, I was so shocked when I saw their gil flap comes out and both of them start going at it crazy babies...
I'll add in some floating plants tomorrow.
they been eating the attison pro crush pellets (: super awesome
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #100 
MrVampire181

That stuff is betta fry steroids...