Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #121 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh wow. Can you see them moving?
I remember I tried to raise shrimp eggs artificially once and it was a total fail. You have to keep them in a high current to keep them oxygenated. I'd try a breeder box, maybe put some pantyhose over the holes if the eggs could slip through.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #122 
LionCalie

Sadly, it looks like they are covered in water mold. May have been the lack of aeration or it could have spread from the unfertilized eggs. I highly doubt they are going to hatch but I will wait a while longer before tossing them.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #123 
Gizmothefreaky

Oh dear! That is so sad, ink sorry it doesn't seem to have worked out for you.. maybe you will get a second chance. :) here's hoping!!
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #124 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I was worried about that too. If you want to try and set up a spawn tank, I'd get some red cherry shrimp.. They'll help eat dead/rotten eggs but don't bug healthy eggs. Some people also put in anti fungal meds for fish, but I don't think frogs do well with fish medicine, right?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #125 
Chesh

Aww, I'm sorry, hun! But chin up! You have a mating pair of ADF's, I'm SURE you'll get another try - and this time you'll be better prepared!

On the brighter side, at least you know that they must be awfully happy with the care you're giving them - you've only had them for a minute, and they're already trying to have babies! Good work in taking excellent care of your critters!

I'm still holding out hope for those tadpoles in the mail someday!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #126 
Mankey

I have 1 Betta and 3 Bronze Cory Catfish in my 10 gallon tank. Would I be able to keep an ADF?
Mankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #127 
freemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankey View Post
I have 1 Betta and 3 Bronze Cory Catfish in my 10 gallon tank. Would I be able to keep an ADF?

My experience is that this would require hand feeding or direct feeding of the frogs via an instrument such as tweezers. In the community tank by the time my frogs realized the food was in the tank it was gone. I would then have to hand feed them. I had to do this while their tank was getting set up. I only had two at the time and they both began trusting me quite well by the third day and I still occasionally hand feed the guys.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #128 
Gizmothefreaky

Yes, i agree with freemike, unless you want to hand feed, ADFs and cories shouldn't be housed together because the frogs will starve to death.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #129 
Mankey

Feeding with tweezers shouldn't be a problem. I still have some from when I had Fire-Bellied Toads. I was more wondering about whether or not it would be too much for my tank to handle. I'm also planning on getting a Pennywort plant soon, in case it matters.

I was also wondering about how to get food for them. Does it have to be alive, or can I buy it in Petco (or small pet stores)?
Mankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #130 
freemike

I've been feeding mine frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. According to aqadvisor.com you could add a frog and still only be like 73% stocked.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote