Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #1 
UchihaKagari

heater and fliter size

i bought a 10g tank (i think XD) and it came with a 50W heater and a 120vac 60hz. .12amp fliter about a year ago. my roommate killed my fish by dumping febreze in it heartbroken i couldnt bare to get another fish until a few days ago. i have a 1.5g tank for my betta at the moment and ive been afraid to put him in the big one because i wasnt sure if the fliter or heater was to strong for him. ive been keeping my APT. at about 72degrees and i have one of thoses stick on temp. and it says its at 78degrees. anyway my question is the fliter and heater to "strong" for a 10g tank with my betta in it?
UchihaKagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #2 
Cody

5 watts per gallon. Your good.

I doubt there is such a thing as too strong a heater.

I'm not sure about the filter. What is the brand?
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #3 
UchihaKagari

its an aqua-tech 5-15 it came with the tank, i think i need a new one tho looks a little mmm yea lol anytype i should look for if i run tomorrow?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #4 
miagrrl

i can't get over the fact that your roomate put febreeze in the tank!! thats terrible! please tell me it was an accident and not intentional!
miagrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #5 
UchihaKagari

she did it on purpose cause she said my fish "smelled" there was 0 odor i had like 15 ppl come and smell and they said they didnt smell anything it was her garbage can. she wouldnt take it out for days i would end up doing it and i didnt even use it. i had just came back from a weekend FTX with ROTC and they were dead. the whole tank smelled like febreze and my 2 fishies were floating at the top ;_;. there is no way my tank would smell that strongly of febreze sooooo i tossed the fish put the tank on the near the window and let it sit, it started to really smell then :D then i put the fish water that had been sitting for 3weeks into her febreze bottle and sprayed her bed and all her clothes :D (her had so many clothes...) then of course being the army chick that i am i would do pushups and stuff and stare at her while i did it, she later moved out saying that i scared the **** outa her XD, my poor little Rukia and Ichigo ;_; atleast i got some revenge for them!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 AM   #6 
Renee

So I have an octagon shaped tank and while reading this postings, I have heard about several heaters. My tank is a 2 gal tank. What would be the best size heater for this one?
Renee is offline   Reply With Quote