Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #51 
Sena Hansler

exactly :) better than "you're doing it wrong" which most people are told, and therefore get discouraged or do everything in their power to rebel.. which in the end is no good for the fish, or the owner!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #52 
LuckyBlue

I think this is a great idea!! Would be great for kids who want a Betta. If they know how to take care of it, they would bug their parents to do it if they can't themselves. Go for it! Can't wait to see more... hope you keep updating your progress.
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #53 
Sena Hansler

I sure will :) shoulder and wrist have to stop acting up.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #54 
Foisair

Sena, Jane is really cute. I love her hair and the bow. She has a wonderful air of innocence to her.

I do agree that some proportions may need to be worked with. Not because she needs to look more real, she looks adorable as is, but if you are planning on making a comic she may need to be drawn in different poses and angles to tell your story and as is, she seems difficult to pose. Using the drawing you have, try drawing her from the side, behind, walking, sitting and anything else you can think of. This will give you a better idea of how her cartoon body will move and will make it easier for you to draw when you get to drawing the actual comic. It may be that her proportions are perfect just the way they are, so long as you have a full understanding of how your character moves and can make your point and drawing obvious (ie: people can look at it and know instantly what's going on in the picture)

While you're doodling her, maybe practice how you will draw her different facial expressions. I would expect that she will be showing many different emotions throughout the comic; sad when the betta is not well due to bad conditions and relieved when the betta becomes healthy again once conditions improve and such.

And I'm done. No one would ever guess by reading this post that I studied animation would they? Nope, didn't think so. >.<
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #55 
Sena Hansler

nope not at all haha. The legs I want to change. But the dress is supposed to be bigger on her, I like that look about it :) If I had Adobe flash illustrator, it's the simplest thing (the one I know how to use) to see how something would walk and such by drawing it out =D I like that program.