Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #1 
Betta16

Exclamation If you want to fix pet stores

If you want to fix the way bettas are keeped in pet stores, pls stop your nagging and post pics of set ups that you like, both that u have made or that you have seen. I work for a pet store and i have bin working on a set up for some time but i could use some help from other betta fans.

the set up im trying to rig up is for the end caps of the stores seeing as thats the spot most pet stores go with for bettas. the set up im building well give each fish .5 gallon box that the fish can only see out at customers and not at other bettas. all the boxs well feed in to a smup that well filter all the water and feed it back, basicly this well be a smaller set up of the big wall tanks that are at most magor pet stores.

this idea is up for change as it is still in the paper form but i plane to build and cost out a prototyp to put beofor my bossis befor the end of the year. I wel most likly only get one shot at showing the prototyp and making my argument to them about why its better and why it well pay off, so your help with this would be great. This is a none profit task i plan to make no money on this, im doing it out of my love for the bettas.
Betta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #2 
Sea Dragon

Good luck! If I find a good set up I'll be sure to post it.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #3 
Betta16

thanks i hope others start getting in on this too.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #4 
duluoz

Good idea. I haven't been privy to this conversation previously, but if you work for a major chain it might be a good idea to use the forum to organize a massive snail mail campaign in favor of better conditions.

I.E., in a month have a large group of people send mail to the stores HQ on the 14th.
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #5 
Betta16

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluoz View Post
Good idea. I haven't been privy to this conversation previously, but if you work for a major chain it might be a good idea to use the forum to organize a massive snail mail campaign in favor of better conditions.

I.E., in a month have a large group of people send mail to the stores HQ on the 14th.
The Mail is full of people that are mad about betta care at pet stores, ( I read some of them). the big resson the letters are being neglected, is becuse no one gives a solution. so once I have a prototyp i well try to get a Mass mail Campaign going. but I want to build the prototyp and give my demo to the bosses frst. I want to show them that we can do a better job and show them that other places are doing better. If I can show them that we can rais the bar on betta care, and that it well be to good for the profits. Im confident that Change can happen.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #6 
SnowySurface

Are you talking about betta barracks?

I've seen pictures of them (like in the link) but I've never owned enough bettas to have experience making them. Good luck with your idea. :)
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #7 
Betta16

Close to that yes only the set up has to be in close and has to fit the end cap of a store Asile plus be super easy to set up and lastly super cheep or there is no way that they well adapted it to all there stores.