Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #2321 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Aquastar is the breeder with all the deformed fish missing body parts Dx
That's the only thing keeping me from buying that fish lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
I agree. Even though I'm fairly new to breeding bettas I've done my research as to what the standards are for each type of betta. I don't choose breeding stock just because they're a pretty color. I can go through AB and every once in a while a fish will really stand out and I'm like "wow"! I really choose carefully when picking breeding stock especially since I want to get in to showing. With that said I'm still learning and I'm glad there's many knowledgeable people on here and the IBC sites. If I was breeding white hmpk's I'd be snatching up this girl
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1333917475
My white female is almost as perfect as that one. Her brother is nice too (not such of a wonky anal fin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
That's why I want to breed plakats first, so much less you can truly mess up on. I just need to find when I will have the time, money, and room to breed.

I have to agree also because most of them of some wonky fins or some super long anal fins. I know HMs are harder to breed because they don't get a whole lot of truly genuine 180s. I guess finding a good pair will take a while.

I saw a halfmoon marble plakat earlier, he was gorgeous! I want a really nice marble plakat from the states, any one have some that are almost ready to sell?
HMPKs are easy but require you to watch the anal fins because they can get way too long.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #2322 
PitGurl

@ kfryman- Try contacting Karen Mac Auley, martinismommy on here. She had that awesome pair of orange marble HMPK's. She may have some boys left over. This is one of the boys I got from that spawn...
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #2323 
MrVampire181

She is also a top IBC breeder who constantly places in shows ;)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #2324 
Yaoilover12397

@Pitgirl: I'm sad but you win some and you lose some and I'm talking with him right now about setting everything up and possibly ordering more fish so who knows, maybe the buyer will defunct and not pay and he and I will still be in communication so I'll end up getting her. Postive thoughts.

@MrVampire181 Oh, I told Chaba in my first email I found him via some bettapeople Iknow and he asked who. Is there a name or user name he knows you by so I can tell him it was you who sent me to him?
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #2325 
kfryman

Isn't she the president of IBC as well lol? I am not gonna be breeding yet so I don't have to worry about that. I will contact her once I feel I can breed. I have seen a multi pair she was selling on Aquabid once, they were amazing and had so many bids on them.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #2326 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoilover12397 View Post
@Pitgirl: I'm sad but you win some and you lose some and I'm talking with him right now about setting everything up and possibly ordering more fish so who knows, maybe the buyer will defunct and not pay and he and I will still be in communication so I'll end up getting her. Postive thoughts.

@MrVampire181 Oh, I told Chaba in my first email I found him via some bettapeople Iknow and he asked who. Is there a name or user name he knows you by so I can tell him it was you who sent me to him?
Christine/Dominnic Martinez :) You can tell him I just bought the two whites and they're doing great :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Isn't she the president of IBC as well lol? I am not gonna be breeding yet so I don't have to worry about that. I will contact her once I feel I can breed. I have seen a multi pair she was selling on Aquabid once, they were amazing and had so many bids on them.
Not president (that's Joe Becerra) but she might be the president of a certain club. I have two of her males coming on next week and a female I bred last year has her multi genetics as well. Great starter fish :)
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #2327 
betta lover1507

i wish i had a quality male, so i could focus on equipment, gahh!!
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #2328 
LionCalie

He wont win any shows and isn't breeding material, but he is SUPER cute! I love his coloring and his white face. He is seriously tempting me!

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #2329 
betta lover1507

haha same seller as mines. but he is very pretty though, looks like some kind of salamander or just butterfly
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #2330 
Martinismommy

Just to clear this up.....I am the current Vice President of the IBC :o) And I hope my fish are a little better than great starter fish :o) MrVampire, if you are serious about educating this forum on the IBC it is a good thing to know who the President and Vice President of the International Betta Congress are....

Last edited by Martinismommy; 04-06-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this