Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #21 
lvandert

I think she is. She's so cute and feisty. She's a little piggy too. Always looking for foods. Speaking of I'm conditioning her and Walter for spawning and it's time for food
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #22 
Pucky21811

Oh good luck!!! If I didn't live in a dorm I'd SO try to breed little Winnipeg! (my avvie) :)
Pucky21811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #23 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBlue View Post
So sorry... She was a beautiful deep red.

I know. It was because of a bad sitter too. She waaay over fed them. I'm lucky she's the only one I lost but I still feel bad. I think she was an ex fighter. She had these scars on her sides that never went away. They were her weak spot.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #24 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucky21811 View Post
Oh good luck!!! If I didn't live in a dorm I'd SO try to breed little Winnipeg! (my avvie) :)
I was lucky. I only had to deal with a dorm room for one year. My bf asked me to move in with him at the end of last school year so of course I said yes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #25 
SageMyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
There are many benefits to having marimo moss (though not actually moss) balls in your tank as well as similar plants like java moss. For one, they help maintain water quality and consume ammonia, but unless 50% of your tank is planted then it won't leave a big dent on ammonia

they are almost an interactive plant, they will be seen moving around in the tank and skidding below the surface of the water. They do this to attain to preferred conditions.

They will pick up algae and help with controlling it, most of the time it won't even grow.... Even thought hey are technically "algae" they seem to prevent it from growing

They do have a few requirements though. Like they need to be cleaned out every 1 week caused y debris pickup, along with turning onto a different side as if they stay on one side permanatly it starts to turn a brownish color

They do require some light and do much better in a dim light as in high light they seem to develop unsightly brown spots, but don't neccisarilly need any added fertilizers unless the conditions are undesirable
What do you mean "cleaned out"? Like, rinsed through water? I'm sorry, I know nothing about these things. What if your tank doesn't have any live plants? Does it matter? Will the moss ball dirty the tank at all?
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #26 
Mo

no. moss balls will keep your tank relatively clean and should be rinsed in de-chlorinated water every 1-2 weeks to prevent the algae (moss ball) from turning brown and un-sightly
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #27 
SageMyster

Thanks! I think I'm going to look into getting one tomorrow!
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #28 
gbose

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjenuhfur View Post
Marimo moss balls! I've got two, and they're really cool to look at. :D

Oh, and if you get one, don't forget to name it! Marimo moss ball army.
I'm not going to ask what you call your pair of Marimos.....
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote