Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #21 
Bombalurina

My rats love to sniff the tanks, but their eyesight is so poor I don't think they know there is anything inside them. Even if they did, they are all scared of water. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #22 
Pewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
wow, are two of those dogs American Eskimo Dogs?? 2 of them here on one forum! lol Crazy coincidence. Any reason you guys chose that breed?
ya, mine's the medium sized "mini" american Eskimo :) I chose this breed bc one of my best friend had one and it was really smart and adorable. It just looks really pretty to me with all the white coat, super smart and obedient (: when I first got her at 8 weeks of age, she already know how to pee on puppy pee pad by herself! she learned how to shake hand in 5 minutes! I love her so much (: hehe... look at me going crazy talking about her...
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #23 
Laki

Awesome :) It's definitely not a common breed so I thought it surprising to see 2 on here!! :) They're nice dogs ^.^
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #24 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
One of my many helpers.....

Two of the 3 boys-Mathew, Mark and Luke all grown up now-but still help me when I work on the tanks-Mathew tries to get the food out of the tanks when I feed and all 3 sit next to the bucket and slap at the water coming out of the siphon and drink the water and for what ever reason they like to stand on the edges of the buckets and if they are not full they get turned over...what a mess I put up with.....lol.....
Are you gonna get one named John too?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #25 
PitGurl

My cat Koga attacking Joker a CT I had a few years ago. He was a kitten then, now he totally ignores the fish.
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #26 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Are you gonna get one named John too?
Yes, we have a John-he showed up before I got the 3 boys-John came to me injured due to a dislodged flea collar that was grown into his flesh around his neck and forearm-it took me near 2 weeks to get close enough to him to get the collar off and treat the wounds-talk about smell.....the smell of rotting flesh can be overwhelming......after week of IM antibiotics and cleaning the wounds, good diet...he was good as new....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #27 
Luimeril

poor John! i'm glad you got him and are taking care of his nasty wound. ;n; imbedded collars make me SO mad! how hard is it to remove a collar when you see it's getting too tight?

as for my pets and fish, i only have a cat who loves the taste of fish water. :I he doesnt' hurt the fish! just drinks out of Twitch's tank when i change his water. xD i actually have a little .5 gallon KK that has my Java Moss sitting in the window, and he drinks that. he has two water bowls full all the time, but still goes back to the moss tank. :I silly kitty.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #28 
underdebate

My hospital tank stays on the kitchen counter for easy monitoring, and when one of my boys was in there for an extended stay, my tiny kitten Tish would always be jumping up there (it isn't the counter we use for FOOD, evidently.. haha) and quite literally laying down next to the tank and curling herself around it. She'd often sleep there, and Isaac got quite used to it. Cutest thing ever.
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #29 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
poor John! i'm glad you got him and are taking care of his nasty wound. ;n; imbedded collars make me SO mad! how hard is it to remove a collar when you see it's getting too tight?
Especially on cats and intact males should never have collars-first you should be getting them neutered so they don't roam...but that is another pet peeve of mine.......In my area people dump animals or move-leaving their pets behind.....rather sad and irresponsible.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #30 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Especially on cats and intact males should never have collars-first you should be getting them neutered so they don't roam...but that is another pet peeve of mine.......In my area people dump animals or move-leaving their pets behind.....rather sad and irresponsible.......
ugh. :I that's horrible! we sort of adopted a stray cat that roams. we can't let her inside(current cat HATES her), but we feed her, give her fresh water, made her a little cat-bed... she repays us with dead animals. :I thank you, Miss Kitty, but... you keep your kills. we don't want them.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote