Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #11 
underdebate

I am kind of incredibly fond of your apparent collection of TF2 bettas, I won't lie. :)

(Also: he's gorgeous! And I totally understand the stress of buying a new fish-- fishkeeping helps me combat my own anxiety but it's also a huge cause of it sometimes. I kind of came home with two sick boys today, and, well. THAT was smart.)
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #12 
Luimeril

i try to take good care of all my babies. unless they get some sort of illness, they never get clamped, and i've only had two outbreaks of ick, which i took care of asap! he *may* tail bite, because that's my Delta/HM curse(so far, out of two deltas, both tail bit, and my Doubletail Halfmoon is recovering from tail biting with his previous owner), but that's something i can easily deal with. honestly, with that clear edge to his fins, i hope he doesn't tail bite. x:

as for his color, i eagerly await to see how he looks in person! i'm gonna try to find Ma's camera, so i can get a billion pictures when i get him. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #13 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdebate View Post
I am kind of incredibly fond of your apparent collection of TF2 bettas, I won't lie. :)

(Also: he's gorgeous! And I totally understand the stress of buying a new fish-- fishkeeping helps me combat my own anxiety but it's also a huge cause of it sometimes. I kind of came home with two sick boys today, and, well. THAT was smart.)
aahh, thanks! Todd is actually named after one of my roleplay buddie's Soldier original character! so, i finally have my Soldier! i hate that i lost Heavy. it kinda... ruined my set. ;n; and, Medic is pine coned.

i made myself sick with worry, literally. i'm combating a headache and stomachache caused by the stress of buying off AB for the first time. lol but, i sit here, and watch Medic do her thing(despite being ill, she's very active, seems happy even.), and it relaxed me, so i'm doing better.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #14 
underdebate

/FANNISH HUGS OF SYMPATHY

Three of my boys are named after videogame characters and one's named after a character in a novel. Somehow this makes me worry even MORE about them. (Awhile back I had a boy named after a character I'd roleplayed with a friend and it devastated me when I lost him.)

And I totally get you with the worrying thing. :( I made a very informed, not-at-all-irrational decision today in buying my new pair, and yet I totally came home and was unable to keep food down for the better part of the following three hours. It's like, 'oh jesus, but what if I do something wrong, what if I hurt them by accident, I'm a totally irresponsible keeper, WHAT AM I DOING'-- but then sometimes you get it right, you know? You get it right and you raise a happy, healthy fish, or you bring one back from illness, or sometimes you just sit back and watch them swim for a bit, and you remember why you keep doing it to yourself.

(Fishkeeping is stressful, okay. Whoever said fish were boring evidently never had one for very long.)
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #15 
Luimeril

my DTHM is named after a roleplay buddy of mine. xD the name he goes by is Twitch, and he loves hearing about Twitch-fish and his derpy adventures. it's adorable. .3.

buying new fish from the pet store's nothing for me. :V i know everyone there, and they know me. i can bring in a cracked tank and they replace it, no questions asked. but... buying off aquabid? x-x way more stressful for me.

ugh. boring, my behind. i'm freaking out about Medic right now. pine coned, but showing no other symptoms. :I what's wrong, Medic? tell me! Dx