Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #11 
Fin2you

My friend & I will likely have some interesting color combos... she looked in on her apple snail tank & found a purple male mating with a blue female. Got our fingers crossed!!! I know the purple I kept with the damaged shell is a male ;) the other purple I think is a female. We're pretty certain the blue I kept is a male, so he's going over to my friends tomorrow. I'm ok with that. Fin is nipping his antenna's... I'm hoping to find a unique marked from her clutches! I'll keep you updated! the egg clutches I bought are starting to hatch for her. we'll see how it goes!
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #12 
rckstr1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin2you View Post
My friend & I will likely have some interesting color combos... she looked in on her apple snail tank & found a purple male mating with a blue female. Got our fingers crossed!!! I know the purple I kept with the damaged shell is a male ;) the other purple I think is a female. We're pretty certain the blue I kept is a male, so he's going over to my friends tomorrow. I'm ok with that. Fin is nipping his antenna's... I'm hoping to find a unique marked from her clutches! I'll keep you updated! the egg clutches I bought are starting to hatch for her. we'll see how it goes!
Awesome! I'd buy a couple if you were cool with shipping them to the US(if you don't live in the US). I have a few hybrids I think. The ivory batch gave me ivory snails but some are part ivory, but have blue speckles on the shell like normal blue mystery snails would have, but have a splash of brown on the shell. It looks cool!
rckstr1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #13 
Fin2you

I just went and checked out my tanks & caught Fin bite a bit of the Blue's antenna. So I immediately moved Blue into the quarentine tank with Boo-Boo.... not 15min later, Boo-Boo was mating with Blue. So it seems that I will have a clutch of blue/purple eggs being laid in the next couple days.
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote