Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #41 
OMGemily

ive also seen prime recommended many times. And its perfect timing because ill need some new conditioner before i can change his water again :)
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #42 
OMGemily

Day 35

Well i went to petsmart yesterday, and wasnt even tempted to get a new fish thanks to Jacques. But i was looking at water conditioner and i never thought itd be so hard to find one! i was going to get prime but it was WAY too concentrated... like 1 mL per 100 gallons! so then i wanted to get some by Aqueon as thats what i had first but i couldnt find any. It was hard enough finding one that was watered down enough that i could use it, and then i realized there was water conditioner, water purifier, and water dechlorinator... such a headache... so i got water conditioner because it sounded most like what i was looking for and i got Topfin because... well mostly because it was a small concentration and the measuring cap had about the markings i needed. Horrible lack of variety for smaller fish tanks... but oh well. i changed Antiones water today and filled it all the way up again since hes not being treated for anything. I think i noticed his little poops in there when i changed it :) at first they looked way to big to have come from him o.O but then i realized they were just all spiraled and only looked like a big glob from fr away haha. he had three in there over a weeks time... wonder if thats normal? i feed him 4-5 pellets a day. its been a few more today and yesterday so he knows i love him :) haha
Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #43 
ANHEL123

sorry ...

Last edited by ANHEL123; 04-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #44 
ANHEL123

Are you split them for morning and evening or you give them all at once? 5 Pellets at once it too much.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #45 
OMGemily

oh yea! haha i definitely split it up. i used to feed him 3-4 at a time twice a day and he got fat fast so i cut back. i usually feed him 2 at a time now, twice a day. and i skip once a week :)
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #46 
OMGemily

Day 38

havent seen Antione since yesterday morning :/ i miss the little guy! Ive been at my dads house since easter morning and, despite my rules. I bought another betta... AND it was from petco of all places! I guess theyre selling baby bettas now and i couldnt let this little baby grow up in such a horrible place... seriously you should have seen the fish there... one looked like he was rotting alive... like an actual fish zombie... he was decaying but still breathing... i told the fish lady and i think she threw him away or whatever it is they do with sick bettas. im sure she didnt treat him... if he even could be treated at that point... poor guy :( so when i saw this little baby i just had to rescue it! he cant be more than a few months old tops. If hes starting to get color i cant tell. Hes kind of a really pale see through yellowish color and hes about half an inch long maybe. Im excited to see what he turns into color and tail wise. assuming he makes it that far :/ he survived the night though and i got him some frozen baby brine shrimp to eat. although i think hes too big for them maybe... oh well. i got some freeze dried blood worms as well. those are too big for him at the moment but im sure Antione will eat them if the new guy/girl wont. so thats about all ive got now. if you want to know any more about the baby feel free to ask :) advice is good too haha
Old 04-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #47 
OMGemily

and here are some pictures of my mystery baby :) (i keep refering to it as him but im actually clueless about the gender right now )
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #48 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh wow! I am seeing some yellow in there! How exciting :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #49 
BETTACHKALOVE

Remember don't put them together until you sure new betta don't carry disease.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #50 
OMGemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Oh wow! I am seeing some yellow in there! How exciting :D
Its extremely exciting X) i think the yellow shows up more in the pictures than in i can see it in person but the pictures dont show very well the slight iridescence on his body around his pectoral fins :D cant wait to see what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
Remember don't put them together until you sure new betta don't carry disease.
i definitely learned my lesson with my Antione scare. This one isnt going in the same tank for a while anyway. i was told to do a whole poop ton of WCs and i dont want to stress Antione out so hes getting upgraded to a new 10 gallon :) he should be happy about that. The mystery baby is getting Antiones current 5.5 gallon as soon as i get home