Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #11 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBosley View Post
Going to attempt at cycling as well as making dividers.
I actually finally found some of those "report binders" the stickies and other instructions refer to...at Staples. (And not that easy to find there, as the kids working there don't know what they are). Much easier than splitting straws. Ask me how I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBosley View Post
Does anyone know if it is safe to have a female in a divided tank with 2 males?
Not a good idea, JB. Other threads around here can explain it better than I.

I would divide the males, and put the female in her own tank.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #12 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
I actually finally found some of those "report binders" the stickies and other instructions refer to...at Staples. (And not that easy to find there, as the kids working there don't know what they are). Much easier than splitting straws. Ask me how I know.

Not a good idea, JB. Other threads around here can explain it better than I.

I would divide the males, and put the female in her own tank.
I will probably wait and do the report binder dividers Once I have the money needed for decorations, and the dividers.

Argh really? I don't really want to put Dragonfly in a divided tank, as he is destroying his tail! So I put him in the 5 gallon that I was going to put a female in..argh. Maybe I won't get a Female then
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #13 
Anitax3x

Just make sure when you divide, that you provide tons of plants fake or real to give the boys places to hide, I had some serious tail biters tho who would destroy their fins no matter what I did so Be careful some may not be able to handle it. Best of luck! I hope to see pics I use the dividers with craft mesh method on my tank.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #14 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitax3x View Post
Just make sure when you divide, that you provide tons of plants fake or real to give the boys places to hide, I had some serious tail biters tho who would destroy their fins no matter what I did so Be careful some may not be able to handle it. Best of luck! I hope to see pics I use the dividers with craft mesh method on my tank.
Yeah I think I will leave my tail biter in his own 5 gallon. Before when he was in his own 5 gallon his tail was healing! Then I downsized him to a 1-2 gallon, and he started biting again. Got really bad when I put another tank near his

So he definitely needs his own tank!

I will post loads of pictures Might get a boy from Aqua Bids!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote