Betta Fish Forum banner

What Type of Male is this?

725 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  littlegreen 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to figure out the tail and a general color this would be considered.
Was walking through walmart today, and he was the last one on the shelf. still a baby more or less, but the guy said he'd been there for a week in that cup! ugh! well i rescued him. now looking for some info about him.

Cup he came in says: Male: Crowntail. Has no type of color or anything. not even sure tail is correct. please help me :) much appreciated

#8 ·
Ah, thats good. :) Fish deserve better than walmart lol.
I havent found anything wrong with him yet, but got him off the shelf in such a nasty cup that im keeping a close eye on him. ugh. dissappointed... lol. least thy could do is change the water...

#9 ·
He's a beautiful yellow crowntail :)

#10 ·
Actually, he's a double ray crowntail- crowntails tend to have one point per ray- yours has a V split per, which makes it a double. So a DR-CT is what you would call it for short.
I have a double-double ray (DDR CT) and they are interesting, even for a non CT fan like me lol.

#11 ·
Looks like a pale pineapple crowntail to me. Lucky find! He may even turn a stronger yellow in proper conditions, as I am sure he must have been stressed in his cup and stress can lead to color fading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.