Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #11 
Sivan

I did see the urn on Petco's website and liked it. I saw really beautiful columns in someone's tank on this site but cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Does anybody think a Roman theme could be combined with a natural look without looking like I just threw in a bunch of stuff I liked together?
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #12 
Shirleythebetta

Definatly, You could do the roman columns and line the sides and bad with natural bright green plants. That would be neat. you could pic a substrate like gravel that has colors ranging from white to dark brown and salmons. Like a smooth rounded gravel. I would put a roman building in the middle, the columns on the sides of the buildings and line the sides and back with bright green plants if you have the room. What size is your tank?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #13 
Sivan

Ooh, that sounds like it could work. I have a large tank that I THINK is a 5 gallon. I found it in the attic and its huge. I assumed 5 gallon because I can't imagine us ever owning a 10 gallon, though it was my sister's and she gets unnecessarily large things. I believe all she had were a small handful (like 5 or less) of neon tetras and....maybe three glowfish.

I'll go with gallons until I see the tank again. Its at my parents' house and they'll be bringing it to me when they visit in May.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #14 
Shirleythebetta

Oh that would work then. I wouldn't go with sand as the substrate though. I don't think it would look good with that theme, You could even go a step further with the color of substrate and look for the small smooth stones in variations of gray which would match better now I think about it. the two types of colors I was thinking of are below.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 
Shirleythebetta

Can't tell I like to decorate at all can you?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #16 
Sivan

Haha, not at all!

And I would never use sand as a substrate. As much as I like how it looks, I'd feel like I was putting dirt into the tank and it would bother me.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #17 
Shirleythebetta

I don't actually like the sand either. I think it would be toooooo..... whats the word? I don't know.... I'll just say it will look to much like a beach. I like the gravel too.