Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #11 
Fishehgobloop

Well I seem to have been severely misinformed on how to stock my tank. I stand corrected on the one gallon per inch rule. Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Fishehgobloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

yeah, if you think about it (like someone said of a 10 inch oscar in a 10 gallon), it's more of waste than size :) A goldie physically can fit in a smaller tank, but they poop lots

as for if females can be with guppies...some can some cannot. I had my 4 females with FEMALE guppies...the plain jane ones.... no problem. But there are some females who are just meanies
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #13 
Luimeril

keeping a goldfish in anything smaller than what's recommended is a death sentence for them. :I i had my fancy goldfish in a 10 gallon tank with a friend, because i was told that was okay. kept up with water changes. they still died. my common goldfish would have lived longer than 11 years if i'd had him in a pond, rather than a 29 gallon tank. the recommended size is just that, because it gives the fish room to grow and dilutes the ammonia AND gives them room to grow. a foot-long goldfish isn't going to be happy in a 10 gallon tank. there's no room to swim for them.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #14 
AnaAngel623

I have two females together with two male fancy guppies and some ghost shrimp and they get alone just well..one female knows the other is boss..she only follows her and leave the guppies alone..same in a 10 gallon tank..but could be just mine..every mind is a different universe
AnaAngel623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #15 
Bombalurina

Just to warn you, Ana, two girls is not a stable sorority and could go wrong very easily.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #16 
AnaAngel623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Just to warn you, Ana, two girls is not a stable sorority and could go wrong very easily.
I use to have 4 females together but that one was trouble 3 would bunch up on one :(
So I separated them..wother the years I lost one female..now I have the one that would get picked on in a separate tank with some glo light tetras..and the two of the 3 left that would bunch up on her..haven't seen any bitting of missing tails..but I have kept a close eye on them..like you said..they can start trouble..I have read alot here..just hoping they continue to play nice :)
AnaAngel623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #17 
Bombalurina

Fingers crossed! I hope they continue to get on well. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #18 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I don't think the OP ever responded. :/
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

I had Marge and Tina together and they were fine. But they've always been oddly close o_O But I did add two more, also siblings, and it worked helped they were all more submissive than the new ones I got xD

I've seen one female live in a community tank just fine :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female betta with guppies