Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #61 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh well in that case it should be okay. :) Birds need good ventilation.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #62 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Yeah, apparently I won't be asking for opinions on this forum anymore because people like to give rude and assuming responses.
Most pet forums are like that - I got banned from a dog forum because one summer when I was not home my boyfriend too the liberty of shaving my dog and dying him with pet safe dye, to make him look like a pokemon
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #63 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Most pet forums are like that - I got banned from a dog forum because one summer when I was not home my boyfriend too the liberty of shaving my dog and dying him with pet safe dye, to make him look like a pokemon
Wow really? That not even bad though! Pet safe dye doesn't hurt the dag and they don't care what color they are lol.

Did he look like a growlithe? lol
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #64 
fishman1126

how about turtle? i caught one (theyre normally only about $5) and i just fed it about a half a hotdog every few days (it was only a baby, but you wont need to feed them much) once they get bigger it will need to be daily, aswell as pellets, or reptile food. and as a cage the set-up is very simple. you can get a 30 gallon storage bin ($3), just fill it about 3 inches of water, and make about a third of it land. switch the water out every few days (more frequently as it grows) also WARNING do not feed it on land, it may cause them to choke. very inexpensive pets, about $8-$10 a week unless you want a more "fancy" set-up such as filters, it really doesnt need it though

btw i have 2 rats for pets (3 to feed my snake) they actually make extremely good pets, mine are anmed ziggy, and marley and marley just got pregnant :D!

well good luck with the turtle
fishman1126
fishman1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #65 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Turtles are HIGH maintenance animals that require expensive set ups.
I'm not going to start because finn mentioned nothing about turtles.
But I highly encourage you to watch this graphic gif about side effects of inproper care, diet, UVA/UVB lighting requirements and filtration. >-< sorry but I just am really defensive for turtles, so many people ruin their lives unintentionally.Neglected Turtle.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #66 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Turtles are HIGH maintenance animals that require expensive set ups.
I'm not going to start because finn mentioned nothing about turtles.
But I highly encourage you to watch this graphic gif about side effects of inproper care, diet, UVA/UVB lighting requirements and filtration. >-< sorry but I just am really defensive for turtles, so many people ruin their lives unintentionally.Neglected Turtle.
OMG that was hard to look at Poor baby. I can't believe the little trooper lived for 20 years! I think tortoises are cool and all, but they require a wayyyyy too expensive set for me to handle right now, plus I don't have the space /:
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #67 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yup, hardy like betta, just the damage is way easier to see on them. :/
Anyways, you weren't even talking about getting a turtle, I'm just worried if fishman has one in those conditions. Hot dog is probably the worst thing you can feed a turtle x.x
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #68 
Shirleythebetta

What you said about Pacman frogs rings true. You can't handle them because their skin is sensitive. Plus they get like.... eight inches long at full growth and they have teeth and do bite. My moms bird chirps almost all day but I believe he is quiet at night. I think you have to cover their cage. Not sure though.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #69 
Pogthefish

a betta fish! ummmm a cat?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #70 
Twilight Storm

Just a warning about budgies, Like Copper said, unless you get a hand fed baby you might be a little disappointed in their affection level.

I got a very young budgie from a pet store by my house because I missed having them. (I used to breed them.) They ARE chatty. Budgies make quite a bit of noise, if you go with a single budgie you will have to spend a lot of time with it, working with it because you will be its flock. If you don't spend a lot of time with him he won't be affectionate and will probably be quite sad because he would feel alone with no flock. They fly pretty well, even with clipped wings, so if you open windows with no screens or have other pets be aware of this. They can very easily break their neck if spooked and they fly against a window or wall too. They do poop quite a bit too, so keep this in mind. Their poops are small but they produce quite a few! (especially it seems where you don't want them to LOL)

If you like birds though they do make great pets, I like their calling and chatter. If I were you i'd find good budgie\bird websites and research a lot. They also smell like fresh hay... I love how they smell lol (Each parrot/bird has a different scent- I know that was kind of random, but seriously budgies smell wonderful LOL) If I remember correctly they live about 10 years? - Don't quote me on that though it might be longer/shorter?

I know this is going to sound silly to some people, but our ring neck dove is probably the best bird around. (Pet wise) They don't bite, they walk around on the floor, sit on your finger, their calls are nice and relaxing, Ours lets you scratch her head and she isn't too skittish. She "be-bops" around the floor investigating when I get her in a safe room away from the dogs. They are good with kids. (as long as the kids are good with birds, otherwise the kids could kill or hurt them!!!!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring-necked_Dove

If you can get over them not being as beautiful as a budgie.

Anyway good luck making your decision, and happy researching!

Both are great birds, I am not sure what exactly your looking for, but at least look up doves, they are often overlooked and are so so so sweet.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote