Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #31 
twinjupiter

I have two funny stories.
When I first got Pandora she was a tiny skinny thing who hid most of the time. It took her WEEKS to figure out where the food comes from, unlike my other girls who figured it out in a few days.
One day, because I knew she must have been hungry, I fed my girls on the opposite side of the tank from her. While the other little piggy girls were eating, I put a couple of pellets above her. One sunk down, hit her on the head bounced off and floated down to the bottom while she watched it like: "what was that?"
Pandora has since learned where the food is and now eats like the rest of the piggys.

My other story is about a king male who lived in my 55gal community tank
masquerading as a female for a couple months. He lived with 2 bala sharks, 3 blue gouramis, a couple of platys and 7 tetras. I fed that tank community flake food and bloodworms. When i finally noticed she was actually a he, i separated him into his own ten gallon until i could find a permanent home for him. He refused to eat the betta pellets i tried to feed him, but the minute i put some of the flake food in he ate like it was chocolate! silly boy.
twinjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #32 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Reuben was just...... I don't know..
Wiggling.. Then he'd slowly lift himself out of the water, not his face, but his back, then wiggle down really fast... It was so confusing, I got up to film it but he stopped. xD He is the weirdest little thing, the bottoms of his eyes are white, so it looks like he's always cross eyed looking up. xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #33 
MadameDesu

Does anyone else's betta randomly open and close their mouth? My Rosie does that after she does her wiggly dance. She just stares at me and opens and closes it ...
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #34 
Aus

I have a Cleo, too.

And she's soooo aggressive. I really didn't know females got that way.. She flares all the time, jumps at flies on top of her lid so hard she rattles the lid.. and hates being cupped so much that if I fail to catch her the first time, she doesn't swim off and hide - she attacks her plants in sheer rage and then surfaces again.

Cleo clamps her fins when she's unhappy. But she's unhappy over the smallest things - can't catch that darned shrimp -clamp- food time is half an hour late -clamp - someone moved her floating wisteria - clamp- such a little drama queen. The moment she's fed, or given a new plant, or whatever, she unclamps and gets on with trying to murder the shrimp.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #35 
ZackyBear

I used to have a picky CT named Bug. When my roommate brought him home he didn't eat and we were worried.

So one day I decided to try Bloodworms instead of pellets and he gobbled them right up! He would never eat Pellets, only Bloodworms!
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #36 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I have a Cleo, too.

And she's soooo aggressive. I really didn't know females got that way.. She flares all the time, jumps at flies on top of her lid so hard she rattles the lid.. and hates being cupped so much that if I fail to catch her the first time, she doesn't swim off and hide - she attacks her plants in sheer rage and then surfaces again.

Cleo clamps her fins when she's unhappy. But she's unhappy over the smallest things - can't catch that darned shrimp -clamp- food time is half an hour late -clamp - someone moved her floating wisteria - clamp- such a little drama queen. The moment she's fed, or given a new plant, or whatever, she unclamps and gets on with trying to murder the shrimp.
LOL! This kind of makes me want to get a female, even though I so much prefer males, just so I can hope I get one as angry as yours. hahahaha
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #37 
Aus

LOL, kfish. She's somethin' alright..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #38 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
I found out a couple days ago that my lil girly Cinderella is a jumper! Nothing bad has happened yet (aka she hasn't tried to become a land dweller) but just now she jumped up and stuck on the side of the tank for half a second before falling back in. No signs of any harm though! xD

And my boys have different ways of eating.
Holmes is like: "OHMYFISHY ITS FOOD I MUST EAT NOWNOWNOW!"
Sarge is like: "Oh, food," *slides up to food and sucks into mouth, trying to not act too excited about it*
And Watson is like: *Stares. Pounces* "Nomnomnom."
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #39 
Shirleythebetta

Yea when Red eats he reminds me of a shark. He splashes water and flips his huge tail like if he doesn't pounce the flakes will escape. Shows how they are really preditors.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote