Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #1 
registereduser

do you think he is happier or stressed?

I put Phillip in the 20 gallon thinking he would enjoy the extra fin room. He is an extremely active fish, always jetting around the 5 gallon so I thought he'd be happier in the 20.

If anything he seems even more manic! Is this normal? Irving, the betta I got to put in the 5 gallon is a couch potato next to Phillip!

Just wondering if flying from one end of a tank to the other non-stop is a sign of happiness or stress? He eats fine and seems to like the floating plants. I have seen him resting now and then

PS don't let anyone tell you that big ear bettas have trouble swimming
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #2 
bettanova2

I think he is happy..happy betta will always looked active..if he loves to swim, a bigger tank will be better for him too (but make sure he is not darting)..

For me, stress or depressed betta may be looked like more passive..like sitting at the bottom for days or weeks or maybe is just their personality of being a lazy fish
bettanova2 is offline   Reply With Quote