Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #171 
SpookyTooth

That's awesome to hear! I'm still battling between one or two. If I just got one I'd be much more comfortable housing him in a tank this size, and it's at a place where I can give him lots of attention - I just can't decide though. I know I'll be looking to get a larger tank in the future but have a few other things to sort out first.

Is it possible to keep one and introduce a second later down the line in the new tank?
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #172 
Gizmothefreaky

That is perfectly alright as well. Just be sure it is coming from a place that is free of illness, and QT him before adding him with the other frog, even if the place is good. You just want to be sure. :3
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #173 
SpookyTooth

Okay :) Thank you very much for the help! That is a massive weight off my mind, to be honest haha.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #174 
Gizmothefreaky

lol, no worries! i am here to help, even though i am not here all the time. xD
Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #175 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
Is it possible to keep one and introduce a second later down the line in the new tank?
Like Gizmo said - yes, but remember that the QT period for Chytrid is three months - which is a loooooooooooong time! I still have one month to go before I'm sure that my #1 is okay, and I'm so impatient to get the second - who will ALSO have to be in QT in a separate tank for 3 months before they can be kept together. This is a half of a year in quarantine for two frogs! If it's possible, and if you're sure you'll want two - I'd advise to wait a little bit longer now, and bring them home together - ESPECIALLY if you're as impatient as ME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
lol, no worries! i am here to help, even though i am not here all the time. xD
And we LOVE you for it! *squeezes*

Last edited by Chesh; 04-15-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #176 
Gizmothefreaky

Hee hee!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #177 
JennybugJennifer

I have a Betta and a ADF together and they seem ok, will they get used to each other? I have two Bettas and I had to move my ADF because that Betta kept trying to bite him :(
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #178 
Gizmothefreaky

It all depends on the personality of the betta... Wat size tank do you have them in?

ADFs are generally very peaceful, but i have noticed that mine have very poor aim when eating, and have come close to biting tails of other tank mates ( this includes bettas, cories, and loaches... all fish i have kept with ADFs) but it isnt aggression, they just cant see where they are aiming. lol!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #179 
whatwhat

Hi, I just got my 2 adfs yesterday and they are pretty small. They didn't have any sinking pellet food for them so they gave me freeze dried blood worms. I tried just putting the food in and leaving it there, but I don't think it sank and no one got it. Then I tried hand feeding it by holding the food right infront of them but they don't do anything ;( Should I go to the store and get sinking food instead?
whatwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #180 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
Hi, I just got my 2 adfs yesterday and they are pretty small. They didn't have any sinking pellet food for them so they gave me freeze dried blood worms. I tried just putting the food in and leaving it there, but I don't think it sank and no one got it. Then I tried hand feeding it by holding the food right infront of them but they don't do anything ;( Should I go to the store and get sinking food instead?
It's likely that they're feeling a bit stressed from the move. They'll be fine without eating for a day or two - keep the tank lights out and give them time to adjust - they'll likely happily take their feed after they start settling in.

As far as food is concerned, from my understanding (and there is some debate here) the freeze dried foods aren't terribly good for them, as they can expand in their tummies, causing bloat. Bloodworms are good, but it's BEST to feed a variety of foods - if you're going with frozen foods, use the wet-frozen type. These are found easily, even the big chain stores will have a freezer, though you may have to ask after it. The pellets are good, just make sure you get the right type - and for the record MY ADF refuses to eat the pellets at all! If that's what they were being fed in the shop, then yours might react differently to them. I feed a mixture of bloodworms, brine, bits of tilapia, whiteworm. . . there's a long list of possibilities! With the frozen foods, be sure to defrost them before feeding - they will sink to the bottom when thawed.

I'm sure someone else will chime in here soon with more advice for you, but for now I hope this helped! Good luck - and keep us posted on your new babies!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote