Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #11 
Silverfang

I'm moving in a few weeks. Planning on getting the boys and girls into individual bags with a supply of water, and air. It's a 20 minute drive, and then I have to set up their tanks. As in Plural. I'll probably set up the individual tanks first. Then the 10 and the 33.

For a 30 min trip. Bag with air in the top (I'm sure you can ask a pet store for some). Place in a paper bag, or in my case, I'll wrap each one in plain newspaper (no print on it).
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #12 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Well, I've found legs/cushioned grip better than cup holders.
He wouldn't be in a cup holder
I would be holding him in my hands.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #13 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
I'm moving in a few weeks. Planning on getting the boys and girls into individual bags with a supply of water, and air. It's a 20 minute drive, and then I have to set up their tanks. As in Plural. I'll probably set up the individual tanks first. Then the 10 and the 33.

For a 30 min trip. Bag with air in the top (I'm sure you can ask a pet store for some). Place in a paper bag, or in my case, I'll wrap each one in plain newspaper (no print on it).
why the paper?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #14 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I travelled by greyhound, one of the worst ways to travel...bumps were prevelant among other things.
oh god, brings back nightmares of my greyhound days..from NY to arizona and back..Im assuming things havent changed sine 1998?

anyways, I took my fish from Alaska to New York In January. And trust me, no road can posible be any worse then the Alaska Highway in winter.

I kept mine in cups since it was a 5000 mile journey but if you are only going 30 minutes away, I dont see why you can't do as Mr. V says. Put them in fish shipping bags and pack them with those annoying packaging peanut things. I had to hold mine in my lap the whole *(&*&* way since it was VERY cold out and very cold inside but this time of year, I dont think that's an issue - especially since its like 90F here right now and I am in northeast NY.

Either way, if its a bumpy road, he is gonna get tossed around some.

If you only have 1 betta, I dont see why you can't hold him. That's like the time it takes me to get one home from the petstore.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-16-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote