Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #11 
Bettagirl101

Thanks. I'll try that sense I do have a photo bucket account.
This is Nemo Flaring up [IMG][/IMG]
This is Nemo's bowl and his ping pong ball he likes to make bubble nests around

This is Nemo him self
[IMG][/IMG]
Bettagirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #12 
Bettagirl101

Sorry the pics arn't very good. My camera sucks.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #13 
Laki

He's nice, I like the bowl :) I agree a heater should be of top priority though. You can get them as cheap as 11$ at WalMart. Submersible and safe for 1gallon!

Do hermits climb? Bc if not, can you put the hermit crab in a small tray? Like something like a vegetable crisper (got the idea off Tiki!) or tote box. I thought hermit crabs liked to live in groups, but if you don't want to get more crabs you can maybe just get another cheap tank online? Classifieds and such usually have tanks for cheap. I got my 3g for free! In exchange for my 1g.

(what I did was post on kijiji that I had a 1g tank willing to trade for a larger one. The consession was that I gave my light, air stone, heater and some fake plants with the tank and all I wanted was a tank with nothing with it) I can't believe it worked but it's worth the shot!! :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #14 
Bettagirl101

Thanks! For the hermit crab unfortunently I have him in his small iso tank until I either find him a bigger cage or another family. Which ever comes first. As for the heater next time I go to walmart with my mom I'll probably grab one while I'm there. Does walmart have submersible heaters for 5 g's around the same price? I might get that instead so that my 5 g is ready for my baby betta that I'm getting. Unfortunently my mom won't let me move Nemo into my 5 g because she likes watching him while we eat. I really wish I could put him into my 5 g but like I said my mom won't let me.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #15 
Laki

that's fine. A 1g is fine for a betta. Get him a little cave (dollar stores have small terracotta pots I got mine for 33c!) and the heater. Yep, the higher wattage heaters are still under 15$!!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #16 
Bombalurina

I'd also suggest removing some of the marbles to give him more swimming room and putting something across the top (clingfilm with holes in it is perfect) to prevent him from jumping. :) But yes, heater for him is the top priority.

Is there any way you could convince your mum that him having a bigger, warmer tank is more important than her being able to see him? After all, she would still be able to see him, just not while she eats.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #17 
Bettagirl101

Not really. She is almost impossible to talk anything into. I may remove some marbles to give him more swimming room when I get the time. (I have been very busy lately) As for the heater I don't know when the next time will be I go to walmart but when I do I will get the heater and a place for him to hide. Also Nemo is not the jumping type. I have never seen him try to jump before. I think it will be fine to just leave the top uncovered.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #18 
Bombalurina

Some bettas never do seem like the jumping type...until they jump. Just letting you know, it is a risk. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #19 
Bettagirl101

Yeah I know it is a risk. My last betta, who sadly was unnamed, had to have a cover over his tank because he would try to jump. So yeah I know I'm taking a risk.

Tags
beta care, betta tank setup