Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #1 
Comet1993

Update!

So, I medicated Turbo, and he pretty much got better. His fins were still not completely back to the way they were before, though. I eventually put a plant in with him. But... Then, the tank got practically taken over by algae. Brown algae. And Turbo didn't look so well. He was pale and having trouble swimming; kept sinking to the bottom. So, I cleaned out the tank. I lowered the water level to about half-way so he wouldn't have to swim so far to get to the top. And the algae was gone, and his swimming got better. His color was still off, though. Then, I found this really weird thing in the tank.. Never seen anything like it before, and I tried to look it up..to no avail. It was in the corner, around the heater cord. It looked like... Mucous or phlegm or something else nasty. So, I scooped it out with this cup thingie.. And..it was thick. Very thick and viscous. Like, I just put the cup under it, and it all flowed into the cup. None was left behind. It was soooo nasty. >.<! After I got it out, I noticed that Turbo had some white near his gills.. So, I figured maybe some of it had rubbed off on him or something. I did another water change. It was still there, and seemed to have..grown. :/ My mom called me today, and told me that Turbo didn't seem well. The thing didn't go away; it got bigger. His gill flap seems..opened.. If you know what I mean.. As if it's swollen. He stays near the top of the tank mostly.. And it doesn't look like the fungus he had on his tail. This looks like a cluster of little hairs that protrude outward.. They're a bit fuzzier on the end.. And tiny particles seem to be stuck in it.. Like..really little particles.. Probably teeny tiny bits of algae.. There is still algae in the tank, but little. Not really a problem now. It's hard to describe... So odd. :/ So... What should I treat this with?? It's really worrying me. :( Poor Turbo.. And he's still blowing bubblenests, too.. And he eats.. Or tries to. He misses a few times first. Then, gets it.. And attacks it for a while. Lol.
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #2 
Comet1993

Turbo passed away. ='(
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #3 
Hopeseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet1993 View Post
Turbo passed away. ='(
I'm so sorry for your loss!
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote