Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #11 
Luimeril

yeah. i'm glad SOMEONE who works at walmart cares about the fishies. ;n; at mine, i'd have to complain before the water would be changed. :I i gave in and bought one boy who was fought. almost no fin, stressed to the point of being dull brown with horrid stress stripes, bloated, Swim Bladder issues. he developed columnaris and stringy gunk from his gills soon after i brought him home... he died two days later on valentine's day. :I
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

Someone did something similar at a local shop a year or so back. They dropped a female guppy into a male crowntail jar just because she was deformed. The difference there was that the staff were completely uncaring. :( Good on you for doing something, Almost, instead of eh-ing the way they did.

And yes, I made them give me the guppy girl. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #13 
Bethydan

At the Wal-mart where I work, someone managed to smuggle in a crayfish (think small lobster) and dropped it in the goldfish tank. Around 6 became mincemeat overnight. The other employees were more amused than anything. There's nobody who's tied permanently to the pet department. :( I was hired shortly afterwards and hearing about it made me sick. :/

The ditches by the store flood and become crayfish homes, so it's not unusual to see them in the parking lot. In fact, I believe that one of the cart guys has a personal vendetta with a particular crayfish. So I suspect these hooligans just happened upon the clawed terror and played a spur-of-the-moment prank.

Also, I work with the eggs and we have some bandits that like to steal one egg from each carton. I don't particularly mind as we can always refill them and the depleted cartons of (perfectly good) eggs can go to the feed-the-poor program that the store supposedly does. :)
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #14 
LuckyBlue

It's the "group mentality". I doubt one kid came in by hisself and did that. People in groups are capable of awful things.

I complained to walmart three times in a week and a half about the bettas care,,, finally got some spring water and added it myself,,,, then told them anout it again. Tonight I stopped to check on them, three of them actually flared as they swam since they had enou water to actually move.
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote