Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #1 
rexeth

How much to feed an almost adult

Hi everyone! I really enjoy browsing these forums and have a question of my own now.

I got a baby betta from Petco back in mid-January. I picked out the biggest, most active one. I was feeding him betta micro pellets 3-4 times a day, until I moved him (Mr Snippy) to 2 gallon tank a few weeks ago and have since been feeding him adult food twice a day, about 5-6 pellets each time. He eats all of it. Is this too much, or should he still be eating more since he's not quite full grown? His body, not counting fins, is about 2 inches. He does a "FEED ME!" dance every time I sit down at my desk where his tank is. I don't know if he's hungry or just begging like a dog! :)

Mr Snippy seems pretty happy; he is currently working on a huge bubble nest under his new anacharis and is very active. I'll be picking up a 5 or 10 gallon tank soon and doing a Walstad-style set up.

Thanks for any advice!
rexeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #2 
xjenuhfur

I usually only feed 4-6 pellets a day, but I don't know the size of your pellets. So they may be a lot smaller than mine. I don't know what constitutes an adult food. ;P
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #3 
bettanova2

I think feeding 4-6 pellets per day is ok for your betta..just to make sure he/she got enough nutrition, I would feed them with variety of foods such as dried blood worms ( cut into small pieces) 1-2x per week..if you like to feed your betta twice per day, I like to suggest 3-4 pellets in the morning and another 3-4 pellets at night..micro pellets or powdered are ideal for them as it is easier to digest
bettanova2 is offline   Reply With Quote