Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #11 
Laki

oh lol! He's still floating and stuff? Someone here might have a better idea about swim bladder issues (it might not even be that) but OldFishLady would be my recommendation. She's helped me tremendously with my Lakitu.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #12 
Taz Monkey

at this point, he is totally normal, swimming, eating, etc. But I still have him in his little cup that I saved when I brought him home from petco in November. Should I just refill his bowl and let it warm up and put him back in? Is there something I should give him or treat the water with something?I mean, last night I thought he was dead and today hes fine.
Taz Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #13 
Laki

How are you heating the cup he's in? And when did you last clean his regular tank? I'd put him back in so at least he has room to swim (it's a 2g right?). Treat the water with the regular dechlorinator (you mentioned yellow bottle, would it be Tetra Aquasafe by any chance? bc I picked up a bottle of this and it's slimy like oil so I find I have to swish the water around for a while before adding the fish back to it)

DO you have any pics?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #14 
Taz Monkey

/i didn't take any pics of him while he was acting like he was dying, because honestly I thought he'd be dead by the morning. Yes, its the Aquasafe. Right now hes just floating in his cup on top of a big bowl of water that has the heater in it. I keep 2 gallons of treated water ready all the time, so it should be mixed enough that I can clean everything and set it back up and let it heat up and be good to go. Im slightly concerned about the fact that it seemed he got skinny in 24 hours time. Should I feed him normally, or cut back, or give him more?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #15 
Laki

LOL there's no way he lost weight drastically in 24 hours if he's perfectly healthy. I'd feed him normally and watch him for any signs of swimming problems or gasping etc.. If he's acting fine now, then treat him as normal. Put him in the treated warmed tank and watch him.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #16 
Taz Monkey

ok, sounds good. The tank I want to order him is a 4 gallon with a bio wheel. Would this be good for a betta?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #17 
Laki

NO idea. Never heard of a bio wheel!! lol
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #18 
Taz Monkey

its the brand of filter. The filter is in the hood, instead of hanging on the side of the tank. So theres more space in the tank. Heres the tank I want. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #19 
Laki

oh That's a nice tank! I don't think it will be able to hold a stable cycle but I'm no expert on that. Someone else can help you on the filter and the cycle!