Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #11 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
He said if he didn't eat any boiled burger to bring him in for further testing.
uh
boiled BURGER?!
deff get a new vet

Do you know how greasy hamburger is? Very. Even boiled it is very greasy. Please don't feed your dog hamburger. Boiled, skinless and boneless chicken is WAY better for him.
The grease in the hamburger can upset his digestive system.

My vet would of ran blood tests in a heart beat on my dogs. She'd tell me to offer chicken, white rice with canned pumpkin and she'd call me when she gets the test results and in the mean time to call her if their condition gets worse.

Does your vet give you his or her personal number or an emergency number to call? I've used the same vet for YEARS. She has known me since I was 7 years old and I brought in 7 puppies that were left for dead on the side of the street.

I STRONGLY advise getting a new vet.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #12 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
uh
boiled BURGER?!
deff get a new vet

Do you know how greasy hamburger is? Very. Even boiled it is very greasy. Please don't feed your dog hamburger. Boiled, skinless and boneless chicken is WAY better for him.
The grease in the hamburger can upset his digestive system.

My vet would of ran blood tests in a heart beat on my dogs. She'd tell me to offer chicken, white rice with canned pumpkin and she'd call me when she gets the test results and in the mean time to call her if their condition gets worse.

Does your vet give you his or her personal number or an emergency number to call? I've used the same vet for YEARS. She has known me since I was 7 years old and I brought in 7 puppies that were left for dead on the side of the street.

I STRONGLY advise getting a new vet.
I told my parents boiled rice but they didn't listen to me
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #13 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I told my parents boiled rice but they didn't listen to me

Are you over 18? Have a job? A way to get to another vet?

If I were you I'd take your dog to another vet. Even if you cannot pay in whole the 1st visit they don't mind you making payments.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #14 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post

Are you over 18? Have a job? A way to get to another vet?

If I were you I'd take your dog to another vet. Even if you cannot pay in whole the 1st visit they don't mind you making payments.
I am over 18, I am disabled so its hard to find a job and the closest other vet is an hour away
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #15 
Laki

What?!?!? Burger?
Sounds like a cheap vet to me. Vets usually don't know anything about nutrition but really now... Burger! I almost laughed out loud but I'm watching the Philly Flyers game and I got distracted.

Brown rice is best. Your parents NEED to listen to you. You can cook rice, anybody can. Do your poor dog a favor and make him some rice. Tomorrow get some tin pumpkin or plain yogurt. That apple cider vinegar is a miracle too. Pick some up.

I know its frustrating when parents are involved because they are "always right" and sometimes are going on old information.. You need to see a new vet.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #16 
FishyFishy89

What area do you live in?
I'd like to research vets in your area and find possible better vets.

When I was in college I had to go to a moderately cheaper vet for my golden lab. When she got older she developed a lump on her chest. And this vet would NOT look into WTH the lump was because "it isn't causing her any discomfort"

When she died, the emergency vet told me the lump was a tumor pushing on her heart and lungs. I was ticked off. I was mad at the vet and at myself for not seeking opinions of other vets.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #17 
LuckyBlue

I had a chow "Special" years ago who was 11. She quit eating... My vet ended up sending her to a vet school nearby that did a sonogram and a biopsy.. It ended up that she had stomach cancer .. a rather large tumor and this caused her to feel full and not want to eat. I fed her baby food and boiled chicken. She lived for probably another 5 months.

Hopefully, that will not end up being the problem for your baby. If your vet hasn't done xrays or blood work... I'd try another vet. Or ask your vet to do it. Maybe he has a blockage... I know there are some breeds that get their intestines twisted inside somehow.....

Let us know... Hope it goes well and he gets better.. I think Chows are prone to stomach cancer... ask you vet to check him for that.

Also, you can ask your vet about giving him pepcid ac. My vet recommends this when my dog gets into junk in the country.
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #18 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBlue View Post
I had a chow "Special" years ago who was 11. She quit eating... My vet ended up sending her to a vet school nearby that did a sonogram and a biopsy.. It ended up that she had stomach cancer .. a rather large tumor and this caused her to feel full and not want to eat. I fed her baby food and boiled chicken. She lived for probably another 5 months.

Hopefully, that will not end up being the problem for your baby. If your vet hasn't done xrays or blood work... I'd try another vet. Or ask your vet to do it. Maybe he has a blockage... I know there are some breeds that get their intestines twisted inside somehow.....

Let us know... Hope it goes well and he gets better.. I think Chows are prone to stomach cancer... ask you vet to check him for that.

Also, you can ask your vet about giving him pepcid ac. My vet recommends this when my dog gets into junk in the country.
He eats grass and got into Lilly of the Valley So I am hoping thats what it is.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #19 
Laki

Your dog shouldn't regularly eat grass.. Dogs do it sometimes if they're lacking nutrients in their regular food. What do you guys buy him for his regular food?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #20 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Your dog shouldn't regularly eat grass.. Dogs do it sometimes if they're lacking nutrients in their regular food. What do you guys buy him for his regular food?
He gets peurina for seniors and some Royan canin wet food twice a week along with pedigree marrow bone treats