Betta Fish Forum banner

Round 2!!!

880 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Fabian 
#1 ·
I put my Lavander HMPKs into the breeding tank(the same ones I tried last time).
I put the male in yesterday,he started building his bubble nest in just a few hours.
I put the female in the chimmney last evening,released her this morning,she has been swimming around the nest with her head in the down position,he usually just chases her away(no fighting,no fin nipping).
Sometimes he goes looking for her and swims back to the nest and continues to add bubbles.
Now for the nest-it is about 3x the size as his first try,instead of building it under the cup,he has it between the cup and the side of the tank!
Hey,he likes it,who am I to judge!!!
So,now I wait!!

#5 ·
They spawned this afternoon,he is busy looking for and picking up eggs.
I seperated them after he went looking for her,and chasing the heck out of her.
She started hanging out at the top of the water in some plants and he would work the nest,then he would swim as if he was looking for her,when he found her he would chase her like the devil!!!
Then he would swim back to the nest and repeat after awhile.
Now I will see if the eggs are fertile.

#8 ·
Well,the eggs were not fertile.
I don't think he has the wrap thingy right yet.
I have watched them and he just swims around her back tail-kind of like a dog does to anouther dog,or something like that.
He faces her back tail and she faces his and they swim in circles!!
They did better all-in-all this time!
I will give them a break for awhile and try my red Pks.
Never say quit,I have 4 other pairs of PKs.
Time to clean out the breeding tank.

#9 ·
Well, at least you'll keep trying :) Try the male a few times, as of course first timers are never great at their job :lol: they need a little practice! And same with females. You can try different gals with the male too, see what he fancies :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.