Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #1 
GMPalace

betta went blind and changed color?

Hello,

I went away for work on Monday morning. Before I left, Leo was acting normal, very attentive, ate normally, etc. Yesterday my friend came in to check on him and he wouldn't eat.

I am home now and Leo seems to have lost his vision! He keeps swimming around his tank, bumping into the glass every so often. He doesn't see me or follow my finger like he normally does, and he won't eat.

He also seems to have slightly changed color from royal blue to slightly red in places (although he always had red details). But very minimally. He has no spots, fuzz, sheen or anything. His eyes look normal. Oh and the bowl was full of bubble nests.

He is in a 2 gallon tank with a heater, we do 3/4 tank water changes and tank cleaning 2 times a week. We use bottled water because our tap water isn't that great. He's been fine with this routine for 7 months.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I hate to see him suffer. Thanks!
GMPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #2 
GMPalace

Update... I came down this morning and Leo is perfectly fine! He saw me instantly and ate his food. He seems totally normal.

I did a water change when I wrote my post above. Not sure if that helped. I'm just glad Leo is back to normal.
GMPalace is offline   Reply With Quote