Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #1 
swatid99

Flares at Aquarium Decor

I got my fishy a new 3 gallon tank with some decors. I got him this real cute turtle bridge/cave thing to go in and out of and to hide in if he wants. Every time he swims by it he flares at it.. Is this normal or should I remove the decor so that it's not stressing him out. Is it because he doesn't like it? or thinks its a real turtle? or will he get use to it and ignore it? My other fishy isn't bothered by it.. He likes to swim through it. I don't want to stress the little guy out.. any advise please.. thnx
swatid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #2 
Mo

He should realize that it is a harmless inanamite abject residing in his territory after a short period of time, if this behaviour exceeds the time period of around 1 week. I would remove the decor and look for an alternative to the one placed
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #3 
Twilight Storm

What Mo said, I agree.

I have to add: That sounds so cute! I guess it is normal for them to show off and show new items who is boss. When I added Java fern to Twilight's tank he flared and wiggled and was attacking the fern until he was satisfied he won. Now he ignores it after a day or so of kicking its butt. :P Out of 6 betta he was the only one who wanted to "destroy the intruder" in his tank.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #4 
kfish

Haha, at least he's getting some exercise. ;) I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes EXCESSIVE. Sky flares every time he swims under his filter, because he can see his reflection right there in the glass because of the black body of the filter. Mr. Fish used to do this, too. But it only happens a few times a day and lasts for a few seconds each time.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #5 
Kinz2488

I wouldn't worry either. My Betta flared at everything new in his tank at first but after a couple of days he was fine with it. Sometimes I think they just do it for fun and giggles.
Kinz2488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #6 
ZackyBear

So cute xD I can just imagine him saying, "I'm watching you" Everytime he flares and then goes on with his business.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote