Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #11 
Edifiler

Yeah I just saw that thread was about to delete my comment Looks like you beat me too it Haha
Edifiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #12 
AFishTale

8:30
He is still chasing her rather than building a nest. She dropped a round of eggs just now, but obviously they weren't fertile. Anything I can do to get him interested in nesting? I have another male I can use, but if I can get this one to work I would like to.
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #13 
tpocicat

Have you used IAL? If not, it might help him get in the mood.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #14 
AFishTale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
Have you used IAL? If not, it might help him get in the mood.
Yep, the water is stained and I have two nice big leaves.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #15 
tpocicat

OK, then that's not it. Sometimes we just have to be patient, and hope she doesn't drop too many eggs before they get the hang of it. ;)
Old 04-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #16 
AFishTale

Quote:
OK, then that's not it. Sometimes we just have to be patient, and hope she doesn't drop too many eggs before they get the hang of it. ;)
Yeah, it's driving me crazy! She's already dropped once, and is being nothing but submissive; yet, he's still seeking her out for a chase rather than nesting. MEN, huff.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #17 
tpocicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFishTale View Post
Yeah, it's driving me crazy! She's already dropped once, and is being nothing but submissive; yet, he's still seeking her out for a chase rather than nesting. MEN, huff.
LOL
Seriously, I understand. I have a beautiful HM double tail blue/green male and a pale blue HM female mustard gas. I just can't seem to get them interested in each other. I've tried twice, and am conditioning them for a third try.

Last edited by tpocicat; 04-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #18 
PitGurl

Some males don't build a nest till after spawning starts. What do you have in the tank for the male to nest under? My steel male didn't build a nest the first attempt so I pulled them and reconditioned for 2 weeks and he started nest building before I put him back in the spawn tank. Some males prefer different things to build under too. I've found my males love bubble wrap over styrofoam cups.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #19 
AFishTale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
Some males don't build a nest till after spawning starts. What do you have in the tank for the male to nest under? My steel male didn't build a nest the first attempt so I pulled them and reconditioned for 2 weeks and he started nest building before I put him back in the spawn tank. Some males prefer different things to build under too. I've found my males love bubble wrap over styrofoam cups.

I have a floating IAL, bit of bubble wrap, floating plants and a bit of Pathos. He just started blowing a nest a few moments ago. (Had to recup the female to give her a break) Now with her in sight, but not moving so much he seems more focused.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #20 
AFishTale

Quote:
LOL
Seriously, I understand. I have a beautiful HM double tail blue/green male and a pale blue HM female mustard gas. I just can't seem to get them interested in each other. I've tried twice, and am conditioning them for a third try.
Yeah. xD I'm like; LOVE EACHOTHER..