Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #31 
Hanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Just googled "my betta won't eat" and got a variety of personal experiences from several fish forums including this one. I stand by the GOOGLE FIRST advice.
See even Google directs you to these forums, for some of us its more than just a quick fix answer, we ant to connect with people that have the same experiences
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #32 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky View Post
See even Google directs you to these forums
Exactly my point. Apparently folks have a hard time finding answers that are already here so they persist in starting redundant threads. Not their fault! Even I have had a hard time with the search function here. Thus, GOOGLE FIRST.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #33 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Lots of great points made here!! I too answer what I can, and welcome where I can. Sometimes I type a big long reply and then get timed out. it happened again today. I just don't have time then to start all over. I have to leave and come back later. These things happen.
Lets hope more people also find the chat room and come in and ask their questions directly. Sadly it takes a few posts, I think 15 before the room lets you in. It keeps the spammers away but also those who are brand new and need the help the most.
A HUGE EFFORT has been made to revive our chat room. Lately there have been 5-6 in there at a time. DON'T BE SHY!!

We all have to remember that we all started as a "newbie" everyone of us. Even if it was just a "newbie" to the site rather than a "newbie" to fish keeping. The LFSs will forever continue to advise badly, they all have the same focus... to make money! They will sell you almost anything inappropriate. And when you are panic stricken over the impending death of your fish you want help. Not to go searching thru endless posts. Agreed...a better way to find articles will help. I can't find them sometimes either. It's a work in progress.
Just keep talking to each other!! We are all here for the same thing!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #34 
Hanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiebabie View Post
Lots of great points made here!! I too answer what I can, and welcome where I can. Sometimes I type a big long reply and then get timed out. it happened again today. I just don't have time then to start all over. I have to leave and come back later. These things happen.
Lets hope more people also find the chat room and come in and ask their questions directly. Sadly it takes a few posts, I think 15 before the room lets you in. It keeps the spammers away but also those who are brand new and need the help the most.
A HUGE EFFORT has been made to revive our chat room. Lately there have been 5-6 in there at a time. DON'T BE SHY!!

We all have to remember that we all started as a "newbie" everyone of us. Even if it was just a "newbie" to the site rather than a "newbie" to fish keeping. The LFSs will forever continue to advise badly, they all have the same focus... to make money! They will sell you almost anything inappropriate. And when you are panic stricken over the impending death of your fish you want help. Not to go searching thru endless posts. Agreed...a better way to find articles will help. I can't find them sometimes either. It's a work in progress.
Just keep talking to each other!! We are all here for the same thing!
Well put.
I like being here to help answer posts and learn some things myself along the way, I in no way want to discourage people from asking questions no matter how many threads we have, its not easy searching for specifics.
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #35 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Well point i was trying to make is that a couple of minutes of our time would change the care that our fish get; What's the point of googling when you have the best answers you could ever get right here on this site.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #36 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLBETHEJUDGE View Post
Well point i was trying to make is that a couple of minutes of our time would change the care that our fish get; What's the point of googling when you have the best answers you could ever get right here on this site.
I'll try one more time.....googling will direct you to answers that have previously been given here and on http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ of which you are also a member since they are a bettafish.com affiliate.

PLUS answers from a myriad of other fish forums.

Then if your question still isn't answered to your satisfaction, by all means ask it here.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #37 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

I agree. Google it. I Google everything... and thank goodness I did, cause it brought me here.... where I stayed!. I would never have found this Forum if I have not Google'd my original problem.
I love this Forum, but there are very specific forums out there for specific species. Rainbowfish, Cory's, Goldfish etc.... Where you can identify exactly what species you have.... this is a more general all around forum, and the info is likely all composed by it's member's contributions and experiences.
I'm not saying don't come here to ask at all.... I'm saying it is a balance, or think of Google as a 2nd opinion. If you find you have a specific species, and it's not in our Profiles, search it, and bring back some info to add to our site. Contact Byron (as he writes probably all of our profiles) if you don't wish to add it yourself. I'm sure there are some rules we need to follow to do this but again this site is all about learning. Enjoy!!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

There are so many threads to go through that I can't get to all of them in a timely manner. I feel bad if someone posts something like "help, my fish is dying " then the next post is 'never mind. He died."
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #39 
registereduser

hey everyone in this thread! Now I know why the board was down last night!

Now, at the top of the page you will see an "UNANSWERED" category to click on with all unanswered posts appearing so no one will go without notice.

Very nice. Thanks admin!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #40 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Best thing ever! all prayers have been answered!
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote