Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #1 
chrissylee13

hmm. concerns about my aggressive female.

i haven't been on here in forever! but since i finally moved i now have some time to be on the computer! so.. here's my situation.

since i just moved a week ago i had to move my two 10 gallons, which are both divided 4 ways, 2 males and 2 females in each with the females in the center. my males seem less stressed and happier without being near the other male.

well, my first female ever, Jackie, knows how to jump the divider, which i knew before i had moved. so i set up the tank the same way to prevent her from jumping over. well, a couple days after getting them set up i kept finding her in the males section next to her. i kept taking them out and reinforcing the dividers and putting a cover over her section. but SOMEHOW she made her way over. when i found her in with him the last time my male, Ren, had tucked himself inside his little clay pot cave, i thought he was dead. he wasn't but his fins were badly torn and he was breathing really heavy as if Jackie had scared him really bad. i managed to start treating him with AQ salt and some extra stress coat and he seemed okay for a day or two but this morning i found him dead. :[

Jackie was originally going to be tried in the sorority i plan to do this year. but now i'm not so sure. i'm not so sure she should even be in a divided tank anymore.

i guess i'm asking if i should definitely not try to put her in the sorority and put her in her own tank by herself. i just feel so bad for Ren that he was basically scared to death. :[
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #2 
Silverfang

Unfortunately some females are too aggressive to be any other way than to live their lives alone. I've got a girl who was in the sorority for a whole minute and a half, she had bitten the body of three other girls. Most girls go to explore or hide, this one attacked. She's sitting in her own 2.5 Gal, looks as beautiful as ever, but lives alone!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #3 
chrissylee13

yeah i think she's gonna be one of those girls!
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote