Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #21 
Misakitty

I see one pair of beady eyes! I hope it's alive, and I don't see any others quite yet.
Misakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #22 
Misakitty

I found a second pair of eyes with a tail, but I don't know if it's alive. I'll give it till tomorrow and then call it if I don't see any activity, clean it out, and start over.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #23 
lvandert

Yeah I had a few still borns. It is kinda frustrating...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #24 
Misakitty

I have one swimmer! It's hanging on so far, spinning around in its little cup. If it makes it to tonight I will try to feed a tiny, tiny bit of egg yolk water. I'm hopeful!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #25 
tpocicat

Here's wishing the best of luck to you and your tiny fry!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #26 
ZackyBear

I love how at :43 seconds of the video of their first spawning, Feodor looks over as if someone said something offensive xD Very entertaining to watch~! I will be stalking this thread~
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #27 
Misakitty

Feodor has quite the snobby attitude now and refuses to eat his icky old pellet food. I'm conditioning him again for spawning at the end of next week with Sunset.

I've got a tricky situation though. My one little fry is doing ok as far as I can tell. He's still in the floating cup in the heated spawn tank, which is pretty gross and really needs some maintenance before I use it again. I'm trying to figure out how to clean that tank without the temperature dropping for the fry. I only have the one heater. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #28 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misakitty View Post
Feodor has quite the snobby attitude now and refuses to eat his icky old pellet food. I'm conditioning him again for spawning at the end of next week with Sunset.

I've got a tricky situation though. My one little fry is doing ok as far as I can tell. He's still in the floating cup in the heated spawn tank, which is pretty gross and really needs some maintenance before I use it again. I'm trying to figure out how to clean that tank without the temperature dropping for the fry. I only have the one heater. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Vacume and water change...
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #29 
lvandert

hmmm...I left him in the cup and did a slow water change. I siphoned out a bit, put more in. Wait a while for the water to fully adjust and then do it again. Changing out my 5 gallon took all day at the pace I went LOL
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #30 
Misakitty

Ugh it will probably take all day in the 10 gallon haha. I'm paranoid about the heater, but it should be ok if it's just a little bit at a time. I'll be going at turkey baster pace. I gave the little guy some real food but can't tell if he ate any of it since it was so small. I'm definitely going to be investing in a second heater sooner rather than later.

On a fun note, the bundle of java moss I bought for the spawn tank at the lfs had some exciting hitchhikers on it. The leaves finally got big enough to identify frogbit I believe, my first surface cover plant! I had to grow it a week or so before I could tell what it was. It will make a great addition to the spawn tank when it gets big enough. The moss is still in quarantine and will go into the tank before the next Feodor/Sunset spawn.