Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #1 
skycon

the hairy side of the family

Let me introduce my other pets.

This is Skylar. He is a 2 1/2 year old Siberian Husky. We have had him since he was eight weeks old and he has one of the biggest personalities I have ever seen in a dog.

Kira is also a 2 1/2 year old Siberian Husky. We got her when she was a little over four months old. She is incredibly spastic and has the typical husky energy.

And finally I have Dexter, the ferret. He is a little over a year old now. He loves playing with the dogs and running around the house getting into various amounts of trouble. Favorite pastime would be stealing Kira's food. It is the first place he runs off to when getting out of his cage. Though I have failed getting good pictures of him. Here is a cell phone pic of the little terror sleeping:

I'll show off my horse, Champ, as well although technically he is my father's horse now. Being that my husband is in the military, we had to move and I left my horse behind with my parent's and their mustang. (They are the best of buds) It has only been a few weeks but I miss him a ton. I have had him since he was 6 months old. Champ is a 7 year old American Appendix horse.
skycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #2 
Hanky

Nice pics, and thanks to your husband for his service.
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #3 
Kinz2488

Skylar is soooo pretty! I've always wanted a ferret but I don't think it would get along with my cats.
Kinz2488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #4 
Bombalurina

I want a ferret, but I don't think it would get on with my parents, or my rat. :p Gorgeous pictures, though!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #5 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinz2488 View Post
Skylar is soooo pretty! I've always wanted a ferret but I don't think it would get along with my cats.
Ferrets get along fine with cats in my experience. I have had two ferrets at different times and each time I had cats as well.

The ferret just bounces around the cat's nose "dook-dook-dook" and may pretend to nip, or rush at the cat to get them to play. If the cat doesn't want to be bothered he leaves, maybe swatting/hissing first. My cats used to play chase and hide/seek games with the ferrets.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote