Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #11 
suomynonakun

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll wait a week and try adding it back - only because I keep him at work, and I'm just not really equipped to do a 100% water change. I'll keep an eye on his fins and if the filter seems to make it worse, I'll just have to figure out how to do 100% changes.
suomynonakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #12 
suomynonakun

Okay so, I'm still a little worried. He's eating a bit more, but he's still wicked lethargic. Right now he spends most of his time in the corner by the heater. One time he came out and swam by and I thought I saw something weird on him, I had to use a flashlight to get a better view because he's SO black. He MIGHT have a bit of a swollen belly - it's so hard to tell. Here's my biggest concern. He's always had a bit of a reddish/green tint to his scales if you get a light on him, but when I was looking at him today it seems like there might be a lot more red now, could it be Velvet?

Would it hurt to treat him for it if he doesn't have it? I don't want to do something unnecessary but I don't want to just let him be sick if I could help prevent it.
suomynonakun is offline   Reply With Quote