Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #11 
underdebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
I have one of those. The filter is a little strong.
I found this too, but if you play around with the water level a bit you can eliminate the surface current, which is nice. I found that careful arrangement of plants also helped to reduce the flow a little.
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #12 
Cattitude

Update

I set up the tank 3 days ago. I added a 10w Aqueon submersible heater and made a baffle for the filter outlet using a cut-out section of a water bottle (as per the sticky thread here). Filter is silent and seems to run smoothly so far.

I've been keeping the light on all day every day, turning it on when I get up and off when I go to bed (8 am - 10 pm) and so far it's working fine.

My new bettas are delayed by the sender and I don't have/plan to get any other stock for the tank, so I'm working on a fishless cycle until they get here. Ammonia is dropping slowly.

I have no idea when to expect the bettas at this point, but I will add one to the tank once it gets here (assuming the water tests ok). I have another 2-gal filtered tank that's waiting for its "tenant" as well. It has a moss ball to keep it company for now.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote